WoWRosterDF: What to download?

Dragonfly integration forum

Postby scapegoat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:42 am

If this thread is mostly me being retarded, go ahead and have a mod delete it =)

I would love if it this thread could stay updated by Anax or Zan, and just give a quick heads up of what files need to be downloaded to have fully up to date WoWRosterDF.

I noticed that there have been a handful of hotfixes for the main piece, the addons piece, and the db.

I have no idea if these changes have been included in the main download, which is why I am making this post =)

Currently, I would assume if I were to start a new DF site from scratch, I would need to download:

[fill in the space]

I would assume this would be the main package, the 2.0.5 image pack, some hotfixes maybe, and itemstats (though thats not really needed for Roster, I know).

If it can be posted once, and then updated by a dev as new fixes get put up, that would be awesome, so noobs like me aren't lost.

Thanks guys =)
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:54 am

I'm not sure exactly
Anaxent needs to answer
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby robojerk » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:24 am

Ummm..

DragonflyCMS ( http://www.dragonflycms.org/ )
WoWRosterDF (Availabe on this site)
Itemstats ( Optional, follow install directions carefully )
Theme? ( http://dragonfly.wsgdesigns.com or http://dfaddons.com/index.php?name=Downloads )
Guild Application Mod ( Optional, Anaxent is still working on his version )

That's about it for mandatory stuff
There's a lot of hacks/mods available for DragonflyCMS and I couldn't possibly list them all.

If you have researched what CMS you're interested in and DragonflyCMS is your choice then the best way to know what your site needs is to just install it, and if it feels like something is missing, not working, just ask on any DF related forum.
Last edited by robojerk on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby zanix » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:43 am

I think he means patches too
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby robojerk » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 pm

wowdb fix
Siggen install fix
Addon.php fix
Some Addons require fixes. If the issue with the Addon is isolated in DragonflyCMS the fix will be located in the WoWRosterDF Addons Forum. If the issue with the Addon effects all version of wowroster then you'd have to go the the Addons Forum and look for a fix there.

DragonflyCMS Blocks missing
Last edited by robojerk on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby scapegoat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:01 pm

cool cool!

I have most of the DF stuff down, as far as versions, blocks, modules for site enhancement, etc, and tweaks, such as forumtags

I was (still am) looking for a list for WoWRosterDF specifically.

If I want to add WoWRosterDF to my DF site, what do I need? My current thought would be:

WoWRoster DF 1.7.3.0
wowdb fix
siggen install fix
addon.php fix

I would need all of the above for a standard, up to date version of WoWRosterDF to work. Addons obviously are a seperate issue.

What I am looking for is, for current use, a confirmation that I need all of the above, or a dev note stating that all of the above patches/fix have now been implemented into the main WoWRosterDF download, and I only need the one package (plus images).

From this point forward, it would be great if a dev could update this thread (or a new thread, as this one has become more of a discussion) stating what patches are needed for whataver the main download is.

For Ex.

Currently it might say to get the 1.7.3.0 package plus all of the above fixes.

It would them be updated to say "package updated, only the main zip is required" or "1.7.3.1 now available, all previously mentioned patches/fixes are obsolete"

something like that, so a n00b could come here and find out easily what they needed to get things running, without having to post/search the forums just to get started =)

The reason for my asking is that I currently run multiple sites with RosterDF, but they were downloaded, installed, and configured all at different times, and I dont remember what all got patched and what didnt, or if the newer install doesnt need as many patches, etc. =)

I don't have any problems with either site. I just have a bad habit of wanting to keep everything as up to date as possible =)
Last edited by scapegoat on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WoWRosterDF: What to download?

Postby robojerk » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:19 pm

scapegoat wrote:The reason for my asking is that I currently run multiple sites with RosterDF, but they were downloaded, installed, and configured all at different times, and I don't remember what all got patched and what didn't, or if the newer install doesn't need as many patches, etc. =)

I keep a txt file in the /home directory of my site where I list updates I have done. It's tedious to update at times, but saves me headaches in the long run of things.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Re: WoWRosterDF: What to download?

Postby scapegoat » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:35 pm

*bump*

Any official word, Anax, on what the required files to have an up to date and functioning WoWRosterDF are? =D

thanks!
scapegoat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:52 pm

I will get this put together with in the next few days and recreate the download
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to Dragonfly