wowroster navigation link in phpbb

phpBB integration forum

Postby thogue » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Before the flaming starts. It seems I have found several threads similar to this one but was not able to google/search the information I was looking for.

I have a default phpbb install.

I would simply like a link to my /roster/ on the top of my phpbb forum (with memberlist and all those good stuff)

I couldnt find information for this since I figured it would be pretty simple. I have a good understanding of phpbb among other things.

Please help me.

Thank you all,

Thogue
thogue
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Niryk » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm

So, you want to add a link to the top of your forums like where you have 'Index' 'Search' 'Inbox' etc.. right?
You can easily go and slap that in by editting your /templates/<THEME>/overall_header.tpl and just put a static link there to your /roster/
If you want more integration, there's other things you can try, if you have any issues lemme know, I'm quite familiar with phpBB mods and have quite the integration project in progress and partially completed...
Niryk
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: wowroster navigation link in phpbb

Postby thogue » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:05 am

well so I can put a static link into this

Code: Select all
/* The register, login, search etc links at the top of the page */
.mainmenu               { font-size : {T_FONTSIZE2}px; color : {T_BODY_TEXT} }
a.mainmenu              { text-decoration: none; color : {T_BODY_LINK};  }
a.mainmenu:hover{ text-decoration: underline; color : {T_BODY_HLINK}; }
thogue
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby cynthetiq » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:54 pm

I used a mod called Board Menu Manager which allows me to change the top menu easily reordering, who can see what links, adding new links as I need them.

I found it much more beneficial than just adding a link in the overall_header.tpl

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=381813
cynthetiq
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: wowroster navigation link in phpbb

Postby thogue » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:25 pm

@cynth

this "boar menu manager" in my opinion was not a very good mod. It was very controlling....

it has some great phpbb features.... for those people interested in adding stuff for their users....

im looking for a static link for everyone....

also after installing this mod IT BROKE MY FORUM REGISTRATIONS...

how I do not know how... but I tried register a new user after installing this mod and the "anti-bot" pictures were not displaying.... in any browser...

I backed up my old files and now registration seems to work again.

Please more help.

This mode seemed to want to give customization to everyone... I just want link to there.
thogue
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby cynthetiq » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm

As far as why you had problems with your installation, maybe you miss inserted some code or inserted a typo somewhere. I had no issues installing it, but I used EasyMod to install it. I have over 50 mods that were installed via EasyMod, one of the lastest being Anti-Spam mod thumbs up for that one!!!!

your question really is better suited in a phpbb forum because there are many more people who can help you with that. It is a rather simple thing to do, but still a bit on the complex side as there are at least 2 files that need to be edited.

I'll look through my notes because before I used this mod, it was very difficult to add new items onto the menu, since after the roster, I wanted to add raid calendar, after raid calender I wanted to add DKPstats, after that I wanted to add Downloads, the list kept growing and it got more and more unweildly to deal with.

As far as giving customization to everyone it allows people to select what they see, so if they don't want to see the roster, the can unclick it and never see it again. But most don't even know that the control panel is in the footer of the page, you can even remove that link and make an admin only link to it so that only the admins can modify it.

Again, I'll see what notes I can find about the navigation menu
cynthetiq
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to phpBB