General Questions of what's needed to setup a wowroster site

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

General Questions of what's needed to setup a wowroster site

Postby Pemolis » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:36 pm

I am attempting to wrap my mind on how the whole wow-roster setup works. I will be putting up a dragonfly site probably on Friday (1 day). What I am attempting to figure out is what mods, addons, and hacks are needed to set this up correctly (there are so many here, I am abit lost on what is needed).

Correct me if I am wrong (and add to this list please).

1) Dragonfly CMS Software
2) ItemStat DF
3) eqdkp
4) Wowroster software
5) Event Calendar
6) Key BC
7) Made By
8) Guild Application Module (DF)
9) Interface Imagepack

I believe Uni-uploader is a way to upload the data from wow to the forum/website correct? My question is which version is needed (there are 4).

Also does the person who runs this mod need to be the Guildmaster/Officer, or can anybody do it. Also does Everybody need to do this.. or can this be run by just 1 person?

10) Is there any software that merges the DKP from the website with the Wow/Addon interface, so we can do (at least in some sense) easier updates to the DKP on the website? To re-iterate, is there a piece of software/module/addon that can update dkp on the website, without going to the website and doing it manually and works with dragonfly?

11) Also, there are a few mods that run in Wow that help wowroster, what are the names of those (I saw 2, is there more?)

If there is anything I am missnig please let me know. I am trying to compile a whole list of stuff to download and itemize.

Thanks in Advance

Pem
Pemolis
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: General Questions of what's needed to setup a wowroster

Postby robojerk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:22 pm

Pemolis wrote:Correct me if I am wrong (and add to this list please).

1) Dragonfly CMS Software
2) ItemStat (DF Module)
3) eqdkp (Standalone)
4) WowrosterDF (DF Module)
5) Event Calendar
6) Key BC (WoWRoster Addon)
7) Made By (WoWRoster Addon)
8) Guild Application Module (DF Module)
9) Interface Imagepack

I believe Uni-uploader is a way to upload the data from wow to the forum/website correct? My question is which version is needed (there are
    Follow Anaxent's instructions here.

Also does the person who runs this mod need to be the Guildmaster/Officer, or can anybody do it. Also does Everybody need to do this.. or can this be run by just 1 person?
    The website administrator needs to install the WoW Addons CharacterProfiler and GuildProfiler. The Admin uploads the guild roster then anyone can update their character info. Anyone can use Uni-Uploader but at this moment you can't use it to upload the guild roster, it needs to be done manually.

10) Is there any software that merges the DKP from the website with the Wow/Addon interface, so we can do (at least in some sense) easier updates to the DKP on the website? To re-iterate, is there a piece of software/module/addon that can update dkp on the website, without going to the website and doing it manually and works with dragonfly?
    Some mods/app do this but they do not integrate with DragonflyCMS, I dont know their names because I do not use them. I do use CTRaidTracker. Someone long ago started a eqdkp port to DF but it was never finished.
Last edited by robojerk on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to General Chat