PvPLog 2.4.2

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

PvPLog 2.4.2

Postby bsmorgan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 am

PvPLog version 2.4.2 has been released.

This version fixes the problem with dueling on the boats (or zepplins).

I don't know about anyone else, but my Minimap is running out of room around the edge for buttons. This version allows you to Alt-Click-Drag the Minimap Button to a wider radius. Click-Drag moves in a circle, Alt-Click-Drag moves freely within a limited distance from the Minimap.

Regards,

Brad
Last edited by bsmorgan on Wed May 23, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Re: PvPLog 2.4.2

Postby jkibbles » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:15 am

bsmorgan wrote:Alt-Click-Drag moves freely within a limited distance from the Minimap

I like this feature. Then again, my minimap looks like it's got a bad case of acne, so this will be helpful. :D
jkibbles
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PvPLog 2.4.2

Postby Astria » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:00 am

gibt es auch deutschen suport ?

hab nen problehm...
pvplog zeigt mir nicht die gilden massages an wenn ich kill oder sterbe.

/pl debug on/off funktioniert bei mir nicht =(

bitte um hilfe.
Astria
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby barba123 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:13 am

Dunno if is easy or not, but to an option to sort by name, guild, etc.

Ty!
barba123
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PvPLog 2.4.2

Postby bsmorgan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:49 pm

Astria,

Thanks to some of the bilingual people in this forum, there is German support via translations of many of the PvPLog messages. The combat log parser is also internationalized. I, however, am not bilingual and I don't have access to a German WoW client so its very likely that you have found a problem in the translations.

The commands "/pl debug on" and "/pl debug off" have not been translated so you must use the English versions. The commands should work and when on, should generate lots of (English) chat output as well as generating a character specific savedvariables file named PvPLog2.lua.

I believe your specific problem has to do with the messages when you kill someone or when you get killed not going to guild chat as you would like.

I'm going to ask you to try an experiment and report the results. In ...\Interface\Addons\PvPLog\localization.lua change line 155.
Code: Select all
To:     PVPLOG.GUILD = "Guild";

Let me know if this fixes your problem. If it does fix the problem, if you can check Party (Gruppe) and Raid (Schlachtzug) channels it would help me fix those as well.

Regards,

Brad
Last edited by bsmorgan on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Postby bsmorgan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:52 pm

barba123 wrote:Dunno if is easy or not, but to an option to sort by name, guild, etc.

Ty!

Barba123,

The code which outputs to the screen is very crude. I would also like to have sorting capabilities. I will add your vote to my wishlist and bump it up a notch.

Regards,

Brad
Last edited by bsmorgan on Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Postby Astria » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:40 pm

bsmorgan wrote:
The commands "/pl debug on" and "/pl debug off" have not been translated so you must use the English versions. The commands should work and when on, should generate lots of (English) chat output as well as generating a character specific savedvariables file named PvPLog2.lua.

I'm going to ask you to try an experiment and report the results. In ...\Interface\Addons\PvPLog\localization.lua change line 155.
Code: Select all
To:     PVPLOG.GUILD = "Guild";

Let me know if this fixes your problem. If it does fix the problem, if you can check Party (Gruppe) and Raid (Schlachtzug) channels it would help me fix those as well.

hi there,
my english is not so good, mean you that /pl debug on/off mode cat not use in the German client ?
I have testet Guild and Gilde but this not work.
I check this on Party (Gruppe) and Raid (Schlachtzug) today and tell you to work this.

give it ne option to diseble the pve spam text to system chat ?
all mobs i killed come a system text to my chat and i hope you make a option to can disable this :)

i love pvplog and i hope you make this German compatible.

mfg: Astria
Astria
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby bsmorgan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:58 pm

Astria,

With your help, we will make PvPLog work with the German client!

The debugging commands, "/pl debug on" and "/pl debug off" should work on the German client. The PvE spam text to the default chat should turn off with "/pl debug off". Just in case you have another addon that also uses "/pl", try "/pvplog debug on" and "/pvplog debug off". A quick test is "/pl" and "/pvplog" should display the same usage text.

I also forgot one step in the experiment. You need to go into the options UI and change the channel to something other than Guild (Self is a good choice) and then back to Guild. Since I'm just asking you to verify what I have suspected for a long time, you can try the version I've attached here instead. You may still have to manually change the channel once to get it properly recorded in the PvPLog savedvariables file.

Regards,

Brad

(attachment removed as it reached the intended user)
Last edited by bsmorgan on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Postby Astria » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:13 pm

thanks for this vers. :thumleft:

but a little bit is buggy i hope you work to it :)

greez: Astria
Astria
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

PvPLog 2.4.2

Postby bsmorgan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:16 pm

Astria,

This version only has changes that should fix sending notify messages to Guild (or Party or Raid) chat for non-English clients. Did it fix that problem for you?

If there are other bugs, then you will have to report the specifics if you want them fixed. I am unaware of any bugs in the current version.

Regards,

Brad
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Return to PvPLog