Application Module

phpBB integration forum

Application Module

Postby Kasper » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:55 am

Hello All

I have seen alot of information about intergration of an application module and recruitment block into phpnuke and dragonfly. I am aware that recruitment block is now availble for ex portal however is there any chance ne1 has looked at the application module?

I first seen this used in phpnuke found at

http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=2655.html

Thanks in advance
Kasper
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Application Module

Postby Teksonic » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:14 pm

I would very much like a stand alone version of this i could use without phpNuke.
Teksonic
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Application Module

Postby Ohlo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:59 pm

I'm working on one presently because I too like this one but I cannot stand PHP-Nuke
Ohlo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Application Module

Postby IllusoryThrall » Thu May 17, 2007 1:22 pm

any updates on this? i'd be interested in one ... preferrably integrated with phpBB..

although it may turn out i may have to code something like it myself.
IllusoryThrall
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Application Module

Postby Razac » Thu May 17, 2007 8:09 pm

I have taken the PHP nuke version and heavily modified it..

It is basically done, just adding new features as I go.

perhaps take that version and make it stand alone. Or I can recode it to a stand alone version when I get time..
Razac
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Postby IllusoryThrall » Thu May 17, 2007 9:05 pm

I, personally.. have no use for a php-nuke module.. nor do i have the slightest idea how php-nuke even works, to attempt to make it "stand-alone"

Like to see one that's integrated into phpBB2x .. i've searched through the phpBB site, and i'm pretty sure i've found a way that'll work to do it.

basically, you use a mod on your phpBB that adds a function called [insert post] .. and then you use that .. to post an application straight to the forum you specify, with formatting, titles, etc.. based on the data you specify or the user puts into the form you make.

.. going to take a lot of coding though, not the least of which is making the application form and making the formatting work. pretty sure I have enough information that if I had forms (i'd like to do a different form per class, asking different things) for the applications themselves.. that i could figure out the rest of the coding and publish an application / recruitment block for use with phpBB .. but simply coding the forms will take tons of time... hopefully I can get some spare.. haha.. time here soon to play with the idea. Most my time has been invested into getting my guild's website installed, integrated, modded, and up and running.
IllusoryThrall
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby concave35 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:27 am

I found this solution recently and though I have not tried it out yet, I had a look at the code and it seems to be exactly what I need.

Apply Mod (registration required)

The Apply Mod is an application form that will post to your phpbb when submitted. It consists of a form that uses your phpbb style, and the Insert Post mod that posts the applications to your forum.

Installation instructions are detailed in the post.

Please note that the link at the beginning of the post is just a recruitment block for ezPortal with an "Apply" button that you could use to links to the mod, but I don't think it is needed if all you want is an application form, the mod itself should work with or without ezPortal.

The mod itself is attached at the end of the post.
concave35
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Application Module

Postby TAGuild » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:42 am

I figured I would pipe in to suggest a better system than what is already been provided to you. Best of all it's simple and of course simple is sweet.

tag_app_form.php
Code: Select all
<?php

// standard hack prevention
define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = './';
include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/bbcode.'.$phpEx);

//
// standard session management
//
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_FAQ);
init_userprefs($userdata);

// set page title
$page_title = "TAG Applciation";

// standard page header
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_header.'.$phpEx);

// Kick out those who do not belong
if ($userdata['username'] == "Anonymous")
   message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "You need to be logged in to be able to access this page.");

$template->set_filenames(array(
   'body' => 'tag_app_form_body.tpl')
   );

$template->pparse('body');

//standard page footer
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.'.$phpEx);

?>

tag_app_form_submit.php
<?php

define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = './';
include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);

//Enter the title that will be displayed at the top of the browser
$title = "TAG Applciation";

//Name of the file that contains the html
$tpl_file = 'tag_app_form_successful.tpl';

$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_LOGIN);

// Details
$op1 = $_POST["op1"];
$op2 = $_POST["op2"];
$op3 = $_POST["op3"];
$op4 = $_POST["op4"];
$op5 = $_POST["op5"];
$op6 = $_POST["op6"];
$op7 = $_POST["op7"];
$email = $_POST["email"];
//enter the email message here, can contain spaces and<Enter> as long as it is between the " "
//anytime you want to use a variable, enter it as $op1 or whatever where you want to use it
$message ="$op1, $op2, $op3, $op4, $op5, $op6, $op7";
//Message for the post here, can contain spaces and <Enter> as long as it is between the " "
$post_message = "
Character Name:
ANSWER: $op1

Level:
ANSWER: $op6

Class:
ANSWER: $op7

1. A little about yourself;
ANSWER:  $op2

2. Times you are usually on.
ANSWER: $op3

3. What you are looking for in a guild.
ANSWER: $op4

4. Anything else you wish to provide!
ANSWER: $op5";
$current_time = time();

//Post a new topic?
$new_topic = 'yes';
//Please enter the forum id number and the id number of the user that will be used for the post:
$forum = 3;
//If you wish to use "Guest" as the poster, please enter exactly as follows: '-1'
//otherwise enter the id number of the user you want to post the form
$user = $userdata['user_id'];
//Enter the title for the topic
$topic_title = "$op1 Guild Application";

//If you want a new poll but do not want a new topic, this script will create a new topic and make a poll as one message
//To have it create the poll in a serate forum, you must say yes to new topic, yes to poll, and no to same forum
//Post poll?
$post_poll = 'yes';
//Do you want the poll in the same forum as the post or a different forum?
$same_forum = 'no';
//Enter the forum id number of the forum you want the poll in
//ONLY IF YOU WANT THE POLL IN A DIFFERENT FORUM THAN THE POST
$poll_forum_id = 8;
//Message to be displayed in the post if you choose to post the poll in a different forum
$poll_message = "
Character Name:
ANSWER: $op1

Level:
ANSWER: $op6

Class:
ANSWER: $op7

1. A little about yourself; level, class, the usual tidbits. 
ANSWER:  $op2

2. Times you are usually on.
ANSWER: $op3

3. What you are looking for in a guild.
ANSWER: $op4

4. Anything else you wish to provide!
ANSWER: $op5";

//Poll time length in days. Please enter 0 for unlimited
$poll_length = 30;
//Poll options
//No less than 2 options and no more than 5 can be used
//To add options use the following example for max options
//EX: array('1'=> 'Op 1 Txt', '2' => 'Op 2 Txt', '3' => 'Op 3 Txt', '4' => 'Op 4 Txt', '5' => 'Op 5 Txt');
$poll_options = array(
   '1' => 'Yes',
   '2' => 'No');
//Poll title
$poll_title = "Should we recruit $op1, $op6 $op7";

//Send PM?
$send_pm = 'no';
//User's ID that will receive the PM
$pm_user_id = 2;
//Message that the user will receive
$pm_message = "PM message, can also contain spaces and enters";

//Send email to admin?
$email_admin = 'no';
// Enter your email address
$to ="apocalypse@mail.ryansworld.net";
$subject = "NEW APPLICANT";
// From
$header="from: <$email>";

//Send successfull submission email?
$success_email = 'yes';
//email message to send to applicant upon successful submission
$success_subject = "SUCCESS!  You have completed a application for TAG";
//enter the name that will appear to the receiver of the success email
$success_header = "Thank You for applying to The Apocalypse Guild.";
$success_email = "Once our staff of finely-honed gamers reviews your application, someone will contact you for a little more personal one-on-one session. Until then, we at TAG hope you enjoy your gaming experience in WoW!";

//Test to see if any options are set DO NOT MODIFY THIS LINE
if ($new_topic == 'no' && $post_poll == 'no' && $send_pm == 'no' && $email_admin == 'no' && $success_email == 'no')
   {
      die("There are no options set, please set some options for form submission");
   }

//start the process of emailing and posting
//Here is where you set the options that are required to be filled out for submission
//EX: if(!$variable == '' && !$variable2 =='')
//be sure to put at least one variable as required, and && between multiple variables
if (!$email == '')
{
// WARNING: NO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW HERE UNLESS YOU KNOW ABSOLUTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  if ($email_admin == 'yes')
  {
    mail($to, $subject, $message, $header);
  }
  if ($success_email == 'yes')
  {
    mail($email, $success_subject, $success_email, $success_header);
  }
if ($new_topic == 'yes' || ($new_topic == 'no' && $post_poll == 'yes'))
{

$sql  = "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('$topic_title', '$user', $current_time, $forum, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", 0, 0)";
      if (!$db->sql_query($sql))
      {
         message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in posting', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
      }

$topic_id = $db->sql_nextid();

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TABLE . " (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_username, post_time, poster_ip, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig) VALUES ($topic_id, $forum, $user, '', $current_time, '$user_ip', 1, 1, 1, 1)";
   if (!$db->sql_query($sql, BEGIN_TRANSACTION))
   {
   }

$post_id = $db->sql_nextid();

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text) VALUES ($post_id, '$post_subject', '$bbcode_uid', '$post_message')";
   {
   }

//update forum stats
   $forum_update_sql = "forum_posts = forum_posts + 1, forum_last_post_id = $post_id, forum_topics = forum_topics + 1";
   $topic_update_sql = "topic_last_post_id = $post_id, topic_first_post_id = $post_id";

$sql = "UPDATE " . FORUMS_TABLE . " SET $forum_update_sql WHERE forum_id = $forum";

{
   }

$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET $topic_update_sql WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
      {
      }

if (!$user == '-1')
   {
      $sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "SET user_posts = user_posts + 1 WHERE user_id = $user";
      if (!$db->sql_query($sql, END_TRANSACTION))
      {
      }
   }

if ($post_poll == 'yes')
{
   if($same_forum == 'no' && $new_topic == 'yes')
   {
      $sql  = "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('$poll_title', '$user', $current_time, $poll_forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", 0, 1)";
      {
      }

$topic_id = $db->sql_nextid();

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TABLE . " (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_username, post_time, poster_ip, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig) VALUES ($topic_id, $poll_forum_id, $user, '', $current_time, '$user_ip', 1, 1, 1, 1)";
   if (!$db->sql_query($sql, BEGIN_TRANSACTION))
   {
   }

$post_id = $db->sql_nextid();

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text) VALUES ($post_id, '$post_subject', '$bbcode_uid', '$poll_message')";
   {
   }

//update forum stats -- for posting the poll
   $forum_update_sql = "forum_posts = forum_posts + 1, forum_last_post_id = $post_id, forum_topics = forum_topics + 1";
   $topic_update_sql = "topic_last_post_id = $post_id, topic_first_post_id = $post_id";

$sql = "UPDATE " . FORUMS_TABLE . " SET $forum_update_sql WHERE forum_id = $poll_forum_id";

{
   }

$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET $topic_update_sql WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
      {
      }

if (!$user == '-1')
   {
      $sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "SET user_posts = user_posts + 1 WHERE user_id = $user";
      if (!$db->sql_query($sql, END_TRANSACTION))
      {
      }
   }

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . VOTE_DESC_TABLE . " (topic_id, vote_text, vote_start, vote_length) VALUES ($topic_id, '$poll_title', $current_time, " . ($poll_length * 86400) . ")";
      {
      }

$poll_id = $db->sql_nextid();

$poll_option_id = 1;
      while (list($option_id, $option_text) = each($poll_options))
      {
         if (!empty($option_text))
         {
            $option_text = str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($option_text));
            $poll_result = 0;

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . VOTE_RESULTS_TABLE . " (vote_id, vote_option_id, vote_option_text, vote_result) VALUES ($poll_id, $poll_option_id, '$option_text', $poll_result)";
            {
            }
            $poll_option_id++;
         }
      }

$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_vote = 1 WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
      {
      }
   }//end different forum
   else
   {
   $sql = "INSERT INTO " . VOTE_DESC_TABLE . " (topic_id, vote_text, vote_start, vote_length) VALUES ($topic_id, '$poll_title', $current_time, " . ($poll_length * 86400) . ")";
      {
      }

$poll_id = $db->sql_nextid();

$poll_option_id = 1;
      while (list($option_id, $option_text) = each($poll_options))
      {
         if (!empty($option_text))
         {
            $option_text = str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($option_text));
            $poll_result = 0;

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . VOTE_RESULTS_TABLE . " (vote_id, vote_option_id, vote_option_text, vote_result) VALUES ($poll_id, $poll_option_id, '$option_text', $poll_result)";
            {
            }
            $poll_option_id++;
         }
      }

$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_vote = 1 WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
      {
      }
   }//end same original post
}//end poll
}//end new topic

//PM
if ($send_pm == 'yes')
{
      $sql_info = "INSERT INTO " . PRIVMSGS_TABLE . " (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig)
      VALUES (" . PRIVMSGS_NEW_MAIL . ", '$gname Application', $user, $pm_user_id, $current_time, '$user_ip', 0, 1, 1, 1)";

if ( !$db->sql_query($sql_info, BEGIN_TRANSACTION) )
   {
      message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not insert private message sent info.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql_info);
   }

$privmsg_sent_id = $db->sql_nextid();

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . PRIVMSGS_TEXT_TABLE . " (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_bbcode_uid, privmsgs_text)
      VALUES ($privmsg_sent_id, '" . $bbcode_uid . "', '$pm_message')";

if ( !$db->sql_query($sql, END_TRANSACTION) )
   {
      message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not insert/update private message sent text.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql_info);
   }

// Add to the users new pm counter
   $sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
      SET user_new_privmsg = user_new_privmsg + 1, user_last_privmsg = " . time() . " 
      WHERE user_id = $pm_user_id";
   if ( !$status = $db->sql_query($sql) )
   {
      message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not update private message new/read status for user', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
   }      
}//end PM      

//Application successfull submit page

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/bbcode.'.$phpEx);

//
// Start session management
//
//
// End session management
//

//
// Lets build a page ...
//
$page_title = $title;

'body' => $tpl_file)
);

}
else {
//
// Start session management
//
//
// End session management
//

//
// Lets build a page ...
//
$page_title = "ERROR - Please Fill in all areas";

'body' => 'tag_app_error.tpl')
);

}
?>

tag_app_error.tpl
<table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0" align="center">
   <tr>
      <td align="left" class="nav"><a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a></td>
   </tr>
</table>
<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
   <tr>
      <td height="33" class="row2"><span class="nav">
     <center><br><br><font size='+3'><b>ERROR</b></font><br><br>Please press 'Back' and try again and fill in all areas</center>
     </span></td></tr></table>

tag_app_form_body.tpl
   <tr>
   </tr>
</table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline">
<form method="post" action="tag_app_form_submit.php">
   <tr>
      <th class="thHead" colspan="2" height="25" valign="middle">Greetings Applicants! </th>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <th class="row2" colspan="2" height="25" valign="middle">Welcome to The Apocalypse Guild, or TAG as we like to call it. Let me be the first to welcome you. I am Mollari, one of the guild officers. Please feel free to look around!If you are here to apply for membership to TAG, we only ask a few things. </th>
   </tr>
   <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">Character's Name:</span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="op1" size="50" maxlength="100" /></td>    
   </tr>
   <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">Character Level:</span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="op6" size="50" maxlength="500" /></td>    
   </tr>
      <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">Class:</span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="op7" size="50" maxlength="500" /></td>    
   </tr>   
   <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">A little about yourself:</span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="op2" size="50" maxlength="500" /></td>    
   </tr>
   <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">Times you are usually on: </span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="op3" size="50" maxlength="500" /></td>    
   </tr>
   <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">What you are looking for in a guild: </span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="op4" size="50" maxlength="500" /></td>    
   </tr>
   <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">Anything else you wish to provide: </span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="op5" size="50" maxlength="500" /></td>    
   </tr>
   <tr>        
      <td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">Email: </span></td>       
      <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:400px" name="email" size="50" maxlength="100" /></td>    
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td class="catBottom" colspan="2" align="center" height="28"><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Apply" class="mainoption"/>  <input type="reset" value="Reset" name="Reset" class="liteoption" /></td>    
   </tr>

</form>
      </td>
   </tr>
</table>

tag_app_form_successful.tpl
   <tr>
   </tr>
</table>
<table width="100%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline">
   <tr>
      <td height="33" class="row2"><span class="nav">
     <center>Thank You for applying to join TAG.  We have sent you a email with more details.</center>
 </td>
</table>

I can't take credit for all of the code. I basically found a very simple form and then modified it for what I needed it for. I also didn't modify the code from the one I am using so you will need to obviously modify the variables to fit what you want, but this should point you all in the right direction.
Last edited by TAGuild on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
TAGuild
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Mizpah » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:06 am

Hey Guys 'n Girls,

I am also looking to provide an application form, for a lotro guild.

Currently using PHPBB 2.0.22, and a few mods (Custom USer Profile, and AttachMod), alongside the subBlack theme. I have also noted IllusoryThrall's work in progress, as per this post, I guess I need to compare the merits of installing EZPortal and using that mod, or of trying to edit the code kindly attached by TAGuild ?

TAGuild, from your code can the post in the forums with the application be from the poster (who I will force to register to post), or does it have to be from a fixed poster ID (which I think it is now?). Also I am trying to follow what is happening with the emailing, Can it send an email to a group saying: "There is an application from (name) a level (X), (Class). Please click here to review it!"

If anyone could offer some advice I have a post here in PHPBB Mods describing exactly what I would like (before I found these posts), and a post in PHPBBHacks (here) asking some questions about EZPortal in case I have to go down that route.

In the long run I have to try to find mods\integration for EQDKP and WOWROSTER - however in every case I have to be able to customise it for LOTRO.

Would anynoe like to give me a steer as to the best route ??

Many thanks for any help in advance!
Mizpah
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Application Module

Postby cynthetiq » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:29 am

I have a php and html file for my application which creates a form and uses a simple mailto to generate an email. I installed Mail2Forum which accepts the email and posts it to a forum.

This solution IMO is the best because with Mail2Forum there is a a way to stop spammers and other "lookie loos" who are just looking at your site. I admin two different guild sites. It also allows for guild members to discuss the applicant in forum or via email if they aren't able to log onto the forum. All emails get posted to the thread.

You can see two different iterations of the application:

Original one I started with:
http://thecorpguild.com/forum/application/index.html

Lastest:
http://deadminesonfarm.com/forum/application/
cynthetiq
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to phpBB