A General Roster...

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

A General Roster...

Postby Lord_Kismet » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi all,

Was contacted Anaxent today regarding the WOWRoster for DF and have not been to this site in awhile. So I thought i'd drop by and give some congrats on the great progress you've all made. I've used the WOWroster on our WOW site for sometime and members really love it.

I know this is "WOWRoster" but is there any plans of opening up the Roster system for other Sites? WOWRoster is one of (if not) the best roster out there.

Reason I ask is, a great number of Guilds have players in a wide variety of games.

I'd like to see a screen where the roster could be customized for other games or even a mixed roster page for each game. Much like the Dragonfly or NUKE forum system can be customized. Kinda like a "Roster Shell".

The addition of a "Update" and Admin section to Change graphics, field names and descriptions.

The Admin could go in and customize the entire roster for what ever game they play. Even create Multi rosters for various Games or create a mixed Roster that lists members by game.

Members
could then log in, goto the char update screen and add their char names, class, levels (through maybe a check box), Title, Professions (also through check boxes), enter the level of those professions. While it wouldn't be as cool as it auto grabbing the info directly like in WOW, it would create a roster for any game. Also it would allow members to upkeep their info vs the webmaster.

I think you'd have quite a hit, as it would expand to all Game sites. The bulk of all other sites manually enter this info and is the most time consuming part.

I've been looking for someone to develop this type of module for quite some time, but no one has really taken up the reigns to build a universal member roster that works well. The few that are out there are not even close to the WOWRoster.

So any plans to go this direction at some point?

*bows with much respect*

Lord Kismet
Kismet, Ring of Destiny
http://www.kismetbp.com – Official LOTR Online Fansite
http://wow.kismetbp.comhttp://lin.kismetbp.com
Lord_Kismet
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

A General Roster...

Postby PleegWat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:31 am

It seems unlikely. As far as I know WoW is the only MMO that allows addons, making data gathering easy. But I'm not active in any other games, and I don't think any other devs are either.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

A General Roster...

Postby Vanterax » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:44 am

The extractable data (if any) from one game compared to another can be so dramatically different that I doubt one can come up with a "one size fits all" formula. And even with a common formula, it would be very generic to a point of being pretty much useless without specific customizations for the game.
Vanterax
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback