anyone have any idea

thanks

p.s been tried with 4 diffrent Gatherer.lua
spud
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Not shoing up

Postby arcadin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:50 am

Make sure you include a CharcaterProfiler.Lua as well as the Gatherer.Lua file.

A.
arcadin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Not shoing up

Postby Foxy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:11 pm

When updating you must also submit the cp.lua
Foxy
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Not shoing up

Postby Tcheekin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:10 am

I am posting here because the result is similar but it may not be the same reason.

I run the latest Gatherer, Roster, Cartographer and Characterprofiler as of 4/26/07. I do not receive any errors when I upload, in fact, the data is ALL there including the nodes. Example of data table ...

51361820 181270 HELLFIRE_PENINSULA HERB 3
55042200 181270 HELLFIRE_PENINSULA HERB 3
96537026 181555 ZANGARMARSH MINE 3
51811572 1732 HILLSBRAD_FOOTHILLS MINE 2
37829858 142142 BLASTED_LANDS HERB 2
55042200 181270 HELLFIRE_PENINSULA HERB 3
96537026 181555 ZANGARMARSH MINE 3
51811572 1732 HILLSBRAD_FOOTHILLS MINE 2

Notice the last field (continent) is present so it doesn't appear to be an initial parsing challenge. However, when we view the maps where those items listed are located, the initial uploads we made are present but no updates show up - this has shown up on six different computer so far including two that have never been to the site before. I noticed that the addon utilizes flash for the maps and I do not have much experience with such ... can it "cache" so as to not show the new nodes (although I guess that wouldn't happen on the "fresh" machines we checked)? Any other possibilities?

I've been reading the recent posts on this and although many have the same result (none or new nodes not showing), none had the same lack of errors I have and each case seemed to have issues getting all the data to the dbase (not so in my case) so I posted here ... sorry if its a repeat.

Sample of roster ...

http://www.daffyblokes.net/roster/addon ... e=gatherer

Any input welcomed. Thank you and a big purple epic for making such a wonderful addon - the guild loves this - and thank you for the Cartographer compatibility.

EDIT: Wording correction.
Last edited by Tcheekin on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daffy Blokes - Spreading unseriousnessness since Closed Beta :)

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Fear the Bunny - www.Daffyblokes.net
Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Tcheekin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:53 am

I am going over the data and how the addon works when it occurs to me there could be possible duplicates for nodes? Does Cartographer (I will research next but thought to ask) allow for duplicate data marks? Isn't this a bit cumbersome? If so, does gatherer compare node numbers and remove duplicates?

If not on all cases, that appears to be the issue ... my interpretation ... I show six items for Hellfire in the database but only two show up because the other four have duplicate node data. I made the assumption that Cartographer and/or Gatherer removed duplicates when collecting and/or parsing so as to reduce database size. I will research further on Cartographer's end ..
Daffy Blokes - Spreading unseriousnessness since Closed Beta :)

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Fear the Bunny - www.Daffyblokes.net
Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Not shoing up

Postby ieesha » Sun May 27, 2007 1:43 am

hey Tcheekin

i belive you is on to the problem when members uploade the *.lua fils i have for some tilme bin tryning to upload data to the DB but no data gets inn it..

the i delete the gather row i the db install the gather agin the uploade the data i had i the *.lua files... the when online playd lige 2 hours on an miner and a herbilst getning line 20 new thinks on the map.. the i try to upload and no data get in the DB...

so i belive it is a problem whit duplicates data in the *.lua files
ieesha
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby akiko » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:04 pm

When i use uniuploader i get a fatal error in the upload.

When i use the update page on the site, cp.lua and gatherer.lua at the same time, he picks up both files, but then i get this error.

Updating Gatherer Data

Notice: Undefined index: TANARIS in /var/www/forum/roster/addons/gatherer/functions.php on line 61

Notice: Undefined index: TANARIS in /var/www/forum/roster/addons/gatherer/functions.php on line 61

and these errors from the update.php file:

Notice: Undefined variable: updatePvPMessages in /var/www/forum/roster/update.php on line 595

Notice: Undefined variable: rosterUpdateMessages in /var/www/forum/roster/update.php on line 596

Notice: Undefined variable: updatePvPMessages in /var/www/forum/roster/update.php on line 603

Notice: Undefined variable: rosterUpdateMessages in /var/www/forum/roster/update.php on line 603

Hope someone knows a quick fix, im reading for a few days tons of posts about this and still didnt find somethine that solves these errors..

Thx
akiko
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Gatherer