[FIXED] Need help getting it to run at all on a mac

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

[FIXED] Need help getting it to run at all on a mac

Postby dragonwind » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 am

Hi All,
I have downloaded and installed the latest Java for mac and JuniUploader.
The problem is that Juniuploader isn't being seen as a java app and I have no idea where to point it. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Chris
Last edited by dragonwind on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragonwind
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Need help getting it to run at all on a mac

Postby lhunath » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:14 am

jUU has not been tested on Mac. I added a little script that can be run to have it start which should theoretically run on a mac. It's called jUniUploader. I've no clue about how things work on Mac, so you'll need to figure out how to start that script yourself, I'm afraid.

You can always start the program manually by typing
java -cp bin:lib ui.Gui
on the command line, in the jUniUploader directory.

I'm working on packaging jUU so that you can just double-click it. Likely that will be the next release or one of those forthcoming.
Last edited by lhunath on Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: Need help getting it to run at all on a mac

Postby shadowUser » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi,

You can run the script by going to the Terminal (Utilities/terminal usually) and going to the directory where the script is ( cd whereverYouPutIt/jUniUploader/ ) and then running the script:
./jUniUploader

Make sure the capitalization is correct.

Another thing is that once started, and configured to look at the correct folder for WoW (recognises accounts and saved variables) is unable to start the WoW app itself. In case you don't know it (normal if you can't access a mac to test it) the wow app is named World of Warcraft.app
and as i don't know anything about how java works, is there any command or function that serves to open an specific named file but leaving the how and with what to the operating system (like the "open" command in unix) ?

Ok, hope it helps and as i said in a former post, if you need anything to help test the mac version of the code, just ask. I don't have access to a uniadmin interface, but can thest the upload part with my guild's roster.

C'ya! :)
shadowUser
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:55 pm

Aha! .app extension.

I had asked someone what the name of the WoW executable was on mac and they said 'World of Warcraft'; which is what I used in the code. It probably hides known extension; like in Windows. I hate that; but now is not the time for a rant; thanks for reporting this =)

I've adjusted it, you will probably see that working in 0.7.5; at which point I'll also have a jar wrapper for it that will allow you to start jUU by clicking an icon ..
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby shadowUser » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:13 am

Glad to be of any help ;)

By the way i don't know if i already did, but: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for resurrecting the application, really.

If there's anything else i can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.
shadowUser
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby lhunath » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:45 pm

0.9.5 was released just now. This release should make it a lot easier to start jUU. You basically just click jUniUploader.jar that's in the ZIP file (I suggest you extract it somewhere clever, along with its library called BaseSystem.jar).

It also fixes launching WoW in Mac
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Return to NetherPanel