Install Trouble

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Install Trouble

Postby Cognatus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:50 am

I'm trying to install this mod so that I can run Looty for the guild bank, but I can't even get Roster running. :( Uploaded the files, CHMOD, setup config, went through install ok, and now I've got no data. Installed the Character Profiler mod, enabled for my bank character, saved data, and tried to upload CharacterProfiler.lua (from the WTF folder after I eventually found the file), and it says the following:

Could not find guild in database. Please update members first.

I'd like to point out that I'm not a complete n00b but I'm finding this rather difficult to setup and figure out how to use. There is little documentation on actually running Roster (yes I've looked in the Wiki). On top of that it is very frustating that this site doesn't work for non-M$ users.
Last edited by Cognatus on Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cognatus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Install Trouble

Postby zanix » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:57 am

Sorry that the documentation is lacking
We lost alot when the site got hacked

Make sure you have GuildProfiler running
Then read this, thoroughly
http://www.wowroster.net/wiki/index.php/Roster:Updating
(Pretty much, make sure it's loaded and your uploading using the roster admin password, to get your guild list on roster)

Cognatus wrote:On top of that it is very frustating that this site doesn't work for non-M$ users

In what way?
I talk to people on the IRC chat room that don't even use windows and the site works fine for them
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: Install Trouble

Postby Cognatus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:24 am

Thanks for the speedy reply. :) I'll try installing the GuildProfiler, because I didn't have that done before.

As far as the website goes, let me elaborate; when trying to register I set my browser (Firefox) to allow for cookies to this site, fill out the info, then get redirected because there is a cookie problem. I cracked down and switched out to IE to register. Never got the email for the activation on my first account (Iflana), so I tried again with Cognatus. Tried copying any pasting the activation email in my usual browser and told I was banned because of a spam referrer in the url. Switched out again to IE to activate the Cognatus account. Switched back to my regular browser, and I can login, but the moment I try to do something that requires being logged in it says I don't have permission and that I'm logged as anonymous. I keep hammering at it because I don't like M$ products, and would rather not risk the spyware or security you always get from using it. I've now managed to login, but I'm not sure how long it will last.
Cognatus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Cognatus » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:11 pm

I'm still not having any luck with this after installing the GuildProfiler mod. I followed the instructions on the Wiki, and used /gp show to check on what was exported, exited WoW, and then tried to upload the CharacterProfiler.lua, entered the officer password, and I get the following error message:

Yes, it does appear twice on the page.
Cognatus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Install Trouble

Postby Kringe » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:01 pm

this is what I finally did and it seemed to work perfectly cause now I have my guild installed and my roster up and running.

When you select the guildprofiler.lua you need to type in your admin password, then hit the install button on top not the one where you entered the passsword (this button was screwin me for the longest).

Hope that works for you.

Kringe
Kringe
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Cognatus » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:51 am

Now I'm beginning to feel clueless... LOL... the Wiki said to upload the CharacterProfiler.lua, which was what I did after GuildProfiler was run and export, not the GuildProfiler.lua. If I have to upload the GuildProfiler.lua where do I do that? There is no spot to upload that and it does nothing when I try to do that via the CharacterProfiler upload spot. Tried your button trick as well, no dice.
Cognatus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Install Trouble

Postby Cognatus » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:56 am

WOOOT! I got it to upload the file! :D I think something may have been wrong with my initial export, because I logged WoW re-exported and used the button trick and boo-ya!

THANK-YOU so much for the assistance guys. I'm sure I'll be back soon if I have more troubles.
Cognatus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback