WowRoster page through Guildportal.com

Here you can find plenty of help with your general coding needs and projects
If it is about a specific program, use the corresponding forum
DO NOT ask basic questions such as "How do I print a variable", use Google for that

Postby Shadowraider » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:13 am

I am brand new to setting up and creating webpages. I am learning I think. Basically my guild uses www.guildportal.com for our website. I want to create a link and set up a separate webpage to display WowRoster with. Can anyone help me with how to do this? Step by step would help since I probably will not understand programming keys/words that well at first.
Shadowraider
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WowRoster page through Guildportal.com

Postby mdeshane » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:46 am

As far as I know there is know way to directly use guildportal.com with WoW Roster. The best and cheapest method in your situation would be to create a free hosting account, there are many on the internet. You will then need to copy all of the WoW Roster files onto your hosting account. Please make sure when you're looking for a hosting account that it includes at least 1 MySQL database. After all of the files are copied to your hosting account you can then setup your WoW Roster. After you have completed the setup you should the link to your site that has WoW Roster on it. I would recommend using a news announcement and a forum post. That's about the extent of what you can do with guildportal.com.

Another choice would be to have a custom built website for your guild. However this option could be more costly than the free guild hosting at guildportal.com. With a custom built site your guild has the freedom to add to the site at the webmaster's discretion.

Further information on setting up WoW Roster with free hosting services varies depending on the service and what they offer. You can always find someone in your guild who has experience with website creation.
Accounts Addon - Roster v2 User Account Addon

PKC Dev Site - http://dev.pkcomp.net
My Roster Dev Site - http://myroster.dontexist.net
mdeshane
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Khadgar (PvE) - US

Postby Ulminia » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:21 am

you can try inly frames for coding and add the wow roster url in there but im not sure if it would work
Ulminia of Zangarmarsh
Zonous of Zangarmarsh
Author of Roster Gallery
WoWRoster-Profiler Redesigner
Ulminia
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Zangarmarsh (PvE) - US
gmail/gtalk: ulminia@gmail.com

Postby Starz » Thu May 03, 2007 2:22 am

I know there is a way to do it, but I'm unclear myself on that procedure. If guildportal can allow rosters from RPGO then clearly it should allow rosters from wow roster. I would hope anyways that it would not be an issue to have the better one implemented.
Starz
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby robojerk » Thu May 03, 2007 2:28 am

I think iframes may be the only way to do it.
For the Horde!
robojerk
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to General Code Help