Mysql not available issue.

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby dannyjallen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:14 pm

I've been attempting to install the roster with no success. When I attempt to open install.php I get the following.

Verison
This: 1.7.3
Latest: Connection failed
PHP Info
View phpinfo()
PHP Version: Using: 4.3.11 Required: 4.3.0+
MySQL Module: Available: No Required: Yes
GD Module: Available: Yes Required: Optional

I'm not particularly skilled with these things. I did setup a mysql database thats not being used by anything else. Not exactly sure how to remedy this. Also I notice the connection failed. Is this due to the mysql or a seperate issue?
dannyjallen
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:27 am

The installer checks if the mysql module is loaded by php
Code: Select all
    $our_mysql   = ( extension_loaded('mysql') ) ? '<span class="positive">Yes</span>' '<span class="negative">No</span>'

Most likely, the mysql module isn't loaded by php
Last edited by zanix on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Blueleaf » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:03 pm

I am having the same issue with my setup. can someone point me in the right direction of how to fix this issue. I'm new at this and the answer about the PHP load is not very clear to me. As far as I can tell MySQL is loaded and running, I created a database but the installer says that MySQL is not availible
Blueleaf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Blueleaf » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:00 pm

OK I think I found the problem and will share.

(Clip from Configure Command)
'./configure' '--build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu' '--target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--with-libdir=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' '--disable-debug' '--with-pic' '--disable-rpath' '--without-pear' '--with-bz2' '--with-curl' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-gdbm' '--with-gettext' '--with-gmp' '--with-iconv' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--with-png' '--with-pspell' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-layout=GNU' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-yp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dio' '--with-mime-magic=/etc/httpd/conf/magic' '--without-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs' --without-mysql' ''--without-gd' '--without-odbc' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-pdo' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter'
Blueleaf
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:08 pm

ouch
That may be a problem
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Blueleaf » Wed May 02, 2007 12:02 am

Yep that was it, Problem solved.