Checking in....

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

Checking in....

Postby Rubricsinger » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:00 pm

Yo,

Just thought i'd check in. Been a while since I've been here. Mostly playing LOTRO now, though I still play WoW occasionally.

Amazed how far the development has gone since those early days almost 2 years ago!

Props to zanix and the rest of the deveolpers for turning all our crappy code into so much more :)

Sorry the site was hacked, all that useful info gone :( oooh well some people never grow up I suppose!

GL all!

-------

Rubricsinger
Rubricsinger
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Checking in....

Postby zanix » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:51 pm

Hey, long time no see
I'm glad you came by and said hi

I think the only active devs left from the old site are Matt Miller and I (can't remember if PleegWat was a dev on the old forums)

As for the hack... yeah, it was bad... wiped the entire user database and corrupted most of the forum posts
We recovered what we could and just decided to start fresh
And now we are on a faster server and have a much more active user base with more addons for Roster than ever before, its great around here

If you are interested in what we have going on for Roster, I'm more than willing to give you dev access, just let me know
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Checking in....

Postby MattM » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:41 pm

hey Rubic, glad to see you! :)
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Checking in....

Postby PleegWat » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:47 pm

Nah, I wasn't dev on the old site. I think AltMonitor did exist back then though.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Checking in....

Postby AnthonyB » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:33 pm

/me waves from the retired devs camp ;)

I've come out of MMO retirement to play a bit of LOTRO with some RL friends. Finding it quite nice - looks a lot like EQ but the functionality is very WoW so easy to 'cross over'.

Only took me a few hours of playing to think "Damn I wish there was a WoWRoster for LOTRO!" Really made me appreciate WoWRoster all the more.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to General Chat