mouse over pop ups?

Here you can find plenty of help with your general coding needs and projects
If it is about a specific program, use the corresponding forum
DO NOT ask basic questions such as "How do I print a variable", use Google for that

mouse over pop ups?

Postby hashxdh » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:45 pm

okay this isnt really a roster code issue, as i have my roster working flawlessly (keep up the good work =D) but more how to duplicate something roster does on the rest of my site.

im trying to find a way to get those mouse-over pop-ups over loot to be used on the rest of my site. ie: make a forums post about [Belt of Might], and be able to mouse over and get the same pop up thats in-game and on the roster.

ive searched google for this for a few weeks, but its kinda hard to narrow down a search to anything even remotely useful. theres a guild page on my server that has exactly what i need, but the guild is a bunch of elitest jerks who have no interest in letting me know how they did that, so im trying here.

any suggestions are welcome.

thanx in advance.
hashxdh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

mouse over pop ups?

Postby nightfighter » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:55 pm

the popups are done using the overlib java library. There is documentation for it at:

http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

I am having trouble getting to that site myself right now, so you might try:

http://overlib.boughner.us/

As far as filling in the boxes in your forums, you are going to have fun with doing that as far as I can see.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

mouse over pop ups?

Postby joehail » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:07 am

There is a program called lootlink that will do what you are looking to do. Just do a search on CurseGaming.com

Hope this helps.
joehail
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

mouse over pop ups?

Postby hashxdh » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:59 pm

@joehail lootlink is actually for in game, but thanx for the suggestion.

@nightfighter yea thanx very much for the link, it at least pointed me in the right direction. i was able to dig around in the srouce of the leet guilds site looking for calls to that javascript and found the package they were using. they use (and i do now too) a package called itemstats that comes with a install package for eqdkp or phpbb. since i use phpbb it works fantastically, and a lil hacking on my forums, i have a nice easy button to use with it in posts.

again thanx for the push in the right direction.
hashxdh
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Code Help