All bags are 12slot, rep/skills/etc also not showing

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby bmbr » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:32 am

I apologize for having to post here and ask for help, but I am a bit unsure of what to do after having scoured the internet a bit...

When I and my users upload our profiles to our website, our bags only show up as being 12 slot, rather than the 16-18slot that most of them are. An example of this can be seen here:

[ edited ]

Also, the Rep/Skills/Talents/Honor tabs are not clickable, but I have verified that the data is making it into the database (in roster_reputation, roster_talents, etc).

[ edited ]

As you can see, it looks like the dhtml isn't working and properly switching out the page view. However, when I use the roster diagnostics in the admin section, it shows all files as being ok (except for that pesky new phpbb.php)

This is a fresh install with a brand new DB setup for it, running roster v1.7.0 with mysql 4.1.19, and php 4.4.2.

I will be happy to provide any further information that is needed.

Thanks!
Last edited by bmbr on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmbr
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:44 am

Restore the credits, and we'll talk
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: All bags are 12slot, rep/skills/etc also not showing

Postby bmbr » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:49 pm

zanix wrote:Restore the credits, and we'll talk

lol! that wasn't meant as a personal affront, i was just clearing up the already too long page! honest! :thumleft:

You might note that if you click the Credits button, it still shows everything...

[edit]

Actually, ya know what? I realize I don't even care about your personal feelings on the matter... and speaking of giving "credit", where is Marage's credit given? You might remember him as the awesome priest from dragonblight a few years ago that helped to form wowroster into what it is now. Want an example of his code? Go look at the keys section under membersinst.php. Those functions are his. Sure, a lot of the page has been rewritten since then, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Only thing that matters is seeing your name in lights, right?
Last edited by bmbr on Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmbr
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby bmbr » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:22 am

For anyone that might be reading this and having similar problems, here is where I have found the problems:

the char.php page does not adhere to the roster_header.tpl, so I had edited it to call the header instead of having another place to have to remember to edit when I update the site. When I did this I forgot to add the profile's js line in (it is only on the char.php page, not the main template) as such:

Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $roster_conf['roster_dir'] ?>/<?php echo $roster_conf['profile'] ?>"></script>

And for some reason when I checked the database, it was showing my Traveler's Backpacks as having quantity 12 instead of 16, so I wrote up a quick query to change all of those to 16. Looks to be ok now.
bmbr
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:27 am

No, it's not personal
It's in the license packaged with roster

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5

You are required by that license to have those credits display in order to use roster
And for being personal, any of the devs (or the regulars around here) would say the same thing...

And yes, I do admit that the credits may a little bit lacking, but we try to make up for it on that main credits page
Thanks to all the coders who have contributed there codes in bug fixes and testing of the roster

If someone's credit is missing, we try to incorporate it in, like calvin's modified icons, that wasn't added in untill v1.5.1
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby kazgal » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:41 am

I am having the same issue with the bags, however your solution is over my head... any chance at a more step by step resolution?
kazgal
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:05 am

Yeah, get the latest version of CP and re-scan your characters

Load up WoW
Type
Code: Select all
/cp purge all

Gather charactrer info
Repeat for all characters
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby AnthonyB » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:29 pm

bmbr wrote:Actually, ya know what? I realize I don't even care about your personal feelings on the matter...

Congratulations - you breach the licensing agreement AND attack a dev all in the one thread - outstanding effort...

bmbr wrote:and speaking of giving "credit", where is Marage's credit given?

Who?

bmbr wrote:You might remember him as the awesome priest from dragonblight a few years ago that helped to form wowroster into what it is now.

errr... nope. A few years ago there was nothing more than a very simplified version of the main page and character page and was run as a disorganised 'project' on Sourceforge with every man and his dog doing there own mods but barely what you could even call a standard download for people to use. I don't remember the name Marage at all - not to say you're wrong as it could be my memory is patchy but all the people that were making significant efforts back in the Sourceforge days we've tried to credit in the Footer AND the Credits page.

bmbr wrote:Want an example of his code? Go look at the keys section under membersinst.php. Those functions are his.

LOL! You got to be kidding. I've been one of the leads in this project for over 12 months and the Keys page was introduced way after I got involved and it wasn't by anyone called Marage.

bmbr wrote: Only thing that matters is seeing your name in lights, right?

Yes, that why we've put the names of the original dev's that really did get this to a level that we consolidated and continued with on the footer and top of the credits page and relegated the rest of us to just the credits page...

bmbr - have half a clue and some more facts before you go off half-cocked and make a complete ass of yourself.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to General Support & Feedback