armory as a datasource

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

armory as a datasource

Postby arcnon » Tue May 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Yesterday I looking for a module at work when I stumbled across a new module at cpan called Games::WOW::Armory. I immediately installed it and wrote a quick hack just to see what information might be gleaned. It a pleasent surprize to see the details.

Next I thought could this be used to "feed" the database instead. CP tho a fine mod cant figure out how stupid mod a has screwed up the generation of the lua file. And nothing gets the old gmembers pissed off quicker than unload all your mods except CP... gen the file, etc.

The question is? Is this a viable option for wow roster?
arcnon
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

armory as a datasource

Postby PleegWat » Tue May 15, 2007 10:34 pm

For updating using armory, there is the ArmorySync wowroster addon. I'm not aware of the cpan module you mention, so I don't know if it's useful. Got some links?
The best place to discuss about this stuff is the ArmorySync addon subforums, at http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewforum/f=103.html
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: armory as a datasource

Postby arcnon » Wed May 16, 2007 6:55 am

PleegWat wrote:For updating using armory, there is the ArmorySync wowroster addon. I'm not aware of the cpan module you mention, so I don't know if it's useful. Got some links?
The best place to discuss about this stuff is the ArmorySync addon subforums, at http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewforum/f=103.html

I post a code snippet in that forum if your interested.
arcnon
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

armory as a datasource

Postby Sukrim » Tue May 22, 2007 8:32 pm

Sukrim
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Chat