[WONTFIX] Check for Updates -Corrupting files

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

[WONTFIX] Check for Updates -Corrupting files

Postby TankGirl » Thu May 24, 2007 4:38 pm

When I hit the "Check for Updates" it will download v0.9.10, but then corrupt file and will not restart.
I have to re-install to use again.
Last edited by TankGirl on Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
TankGirl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Check for Updates -Corrupting files

Postby lhunath » Thu May 24, 2007 8:52 pm

Yeah.. that's entirely windows' fault sadly; doesn't happen in Linux and I doubt it happens on Macs. I will remove that feature soon because WebStart always makes sure you're running the latest. I'll replace the "downloadable" version by a shortcut to the WebStart so you don't need to open a browser whenever you need to start it.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Re: Check for Updates -Corrupting files

Postby TankGirl » Fri May 25, 2007 7:58 am

but then wouldn't that change the settings to your web start version?
and when will there be a full download of version 0.9.10?

I like the java version only because it seems to be the only one that actually checks addons and downloads them right.
UniUploader lists all addons whether they are current or not.. and doesn't seem to download or install them.

The only thing I find lacking in 0.9.9 is a password option, for uploading guildprofiler.lua
Last edited by TankGirl on Fri May 25, 2007 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
TankGirl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Check for Updates -Corrupting files

Postby lhunath » Sat May 26, 2007 6:59 am

jUniUploader started with WebStart or started by installing it manually both use the same configuration; no settings are lost by switching between either method. WebStart just keeps you nicely up to date without any negative effects in Windows.

jUniUploader isn't really a java version of UniUploader; it's a program made completely separate from UniUploader that happens to do mostly the same things.

You can specify a password for uploading guild members already. This is done with the Additional Post Variables box. Its tooltip should explain what you need to do properly.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Return to NetherPanel