Lost my pvplog.lua

Forum Dedicated to PvPLog, (The WoW PvP data collector addon), and PvPLog related topics

Moderator: bsmorgan

Lost my pvplog.lua

Postby celerystick » Sat May 26, 2007 4:52 am

my pvplog.lua file in .../wtf/account/[account_name]/SavedVariables/ was overwritten for some reason during my upgrade to pvplog 2.4.3. Now in game I have no record of my pvp fun. My last backup of the file is about a month old. Bummer right?

This may be a long shot, but I wondered if there was a way to convert the info stored in wwwroster on my website back to the correct pvplog.lua format so I could insert it into SavedVariables? I see the info on the website so I know it is there, but is this asking too much?

I searched the forum but didn't find what I was looking for, if it has already been posted sorry for the duplicate.

Please help if you can.
celerystick
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Lost my pvplog.lua

Postby PleegWat » Sat May 26, 2007 5:17 am

This might be too late, but it is possible the old data is still in pvplog.lua.bak. Only if you have only played once since the upgrade, I think.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Lost my pvplog.lua

Postby celerystick » Sat May 26, 2007 5:22 am

Thank you for the suggestion, it is not in there.
celerystick
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Lost my pvplog.lua

Postby BreeOge » Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 am

Mine did the same exact thing. What I was wondering if there is a way to send the PVP data from the roster back to the pvp log? Because this is the same issue you have as well if you use 2 computers, they dont get all the information. Maybe a future version could have a get from website fix or something i dunno.
BreeOge
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Lost my pvplog.lua

Postby bsmorgan » Wed May 30, 2007 6:00 am

I don't believe WoWRoster captures all the information that PvPLog records so moving the data back would be almost impossible. It would be a non-trivial programming task.

A better "solution" is to maintain backups of your WoW WTF folder (and the Interface folder). I do this to a second computer nightly. I run another nightly job that deletes backups older than 10 days to keep the space used at a reasonable level.

I also use SecondCopy (www.secondcopy.com) to syncronize my alternate WoW computer with my main WoW computer.

Regards,

Brad
bsmorgan
WoW Interface Developer
WoW Interface Developer

Return to PvPLog