Memory error on upload

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Memory error on upload

Postby Finian826 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:57 am

Good day,
I am getting the following error when I try to upload my characterprifiler.lua file to my roster:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 41 bytes) in /home/finian/public_html/rop/lib/luaparser.php on line 147
I am currently hosting the site with a hosting company and not my own server. Is there a work around for this error? The guild is a fairly large one, 439 registered toons, so I am not sure if that makes a difference or not. I was debating on attempting my own re-work of the luaparser.php file to read the data in and store it to a temp table on the MySQL server, then parse the data in that way so that it is not in a big array. Not sure if that is even a feasible idea or just open to cause more pain and suffering.

Finian
Finian826
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Memory error on upload

Postby PleegWat » Sat May 26, 2007 6:08 am

Character profiles amount to much more data than guild profiles. There is a mod that reduces the amount of memory needed, but I don't seem to be able to find it at the moment. Alternatively, jUU splits up an uploaded file into separate files which each contain the data for one character. That also solves these memory problems.

Splitting the file up and storing it in the DB will not help without significant edits to the parser - The array returned by the parser has a size roughly five times the size of the uploaded file.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Memory error on upload

Postby Finian826 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:01 am

Ok thanks,
I haven't looked at how it parses the data, does it do character first, then guild, or is it the other way around?
I was wondering if it did guild before character, is it possible for it to check the character it is reading in if it exists in the guild, if it does, process as normal, if it doesn't, skip over it. I think a check like that would greatly reduce the memory of the array since most people don't have all their realm characters in a single guild, some may have in an alt guild or run them un-guilded.

Finian
Finian826
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Memory error on upload

Postby tuigii » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:07 pm

Or
- Changing the Add On CP so one could make a choice about including the character,
Or
- Install CP only for characters that need to be exported (WoW offers this option).

All of these are nasty options, because they have one thing in commun : end-user interaction is needed - and they have to understand what they are doing :scratch:

Skipping the parsing of non Guilded character might give a conflict : how about new guilded characters that are about to be intergated in the Roster ?
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to General Support & Feedback