Working the Roster into my site

Here you can find plenty of help with your general coding needs and projects
If it is about a specific program, use the corresponding forum
DO NOT ask basic questions such as "How do I print a variable", use Google for that

Postby Stoicus » Sun May 27, 2007 10:10 pm

I was curious if there are any tutorials as to how to work this addon into my own layout / website my site is coded in php no mods or anything like that just php coded. any tips as to how to work this into my site?
Stoicus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Sun May 27, 2007 11:29 pm

If you want to visually adapt roster to match the rest of your site, you'll primarily want to change roster_header.tpl and roster_footer.tpl. These are used in all roster pages, but some addons may use their own versions.
Please note you will need to maintain all of the JS includes in the roster_header, as well as the various variables that get echoed into the head and the body tag. Neglecting to do so will break stuff.
In the footer some of the php stuff (the query block, the time/number of queries) can be removed. However you will need to maintain the credits there for licensing reasons, and there's a bit of php code that needs to stay in or the tooltips won't work.

If you want to include roster files from an external directory, you will need to edit settings.php to account for this. Images use relative urls, all include() statements use absolute values based on constants defined in settings.php.

If I missed anything, please reply.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Working the Roster into my site

Postby Stoicus » Tue May 29, 2007 8:35 pm

I got lazy and switched to dragonfly GOD is dragonfly amazing :P
Stoicus
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Code Help