WoW Roster for public?

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

WoW Roster for public?

Postby Tram » Wed May 30, 2007 12:34 am

Hello,

First off I hope that I am posting this in the right spot. IF not then Mod please move this post.

I want to know if it is possible for me to change WoW Roster to work for anyone of any or no guild. I want to make a site for the server that I play on. On this site i wanted to have a forums and WoW roster so that players can post their character profiles easily. I have the latest WoW Roster installed and it works fine, however I can only update characters that are in my guild. I would like to have it so that any character can update their character to WoW roster no matter what guild they are in or even if they are not in any guild.

I found an out dated WoW roster in the downloads section that has this capability (version 1.7.0) but since its outdated it wont work now. I am not really great at the coding part, I can get by however if I am pointed in the right direction usually. So i guess the thing I really need to know is what part of the WoW Roster programming/coding needs to be changed to allow updating a members list from any or no guild? or is it possible for me to make it so that a member name can just be added via some form that forum members could possibly fill out?

I would really appreciate any help that any one could give me. I really think that a server wide forums with a roster would be a great thing so I am really looking forward to hearing from you, and thanks again.

Ps - please feel free to email me or PM me with anything you have on this subject ;-D
Tram
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WoW Roster for public?

Postby shaun.voysey » Wed May 30, 2007 1:02 am

I'd wait a few weeks.

Wowroster 1.8 will be available then (Fingers crossed :wink: ).

This version will allow a public roster. Check the News for more details.
I myself, am waiting for it to come out. Keep up the good work guys. :thumright: .
shaun.voysey
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WoW Roster for public?

Postby Tram » Wed May 30, 2007 2:08 am

Awesome :cheers:

Thanks for the info, and yeah that will be great !!!

I will wait then for it
Tram
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback