GoDaddy.com and MySQL module?

Installation issues with WoWRoster

Postby Valia » Wed May 30, 2007 10:35 am

So, I was trying to install WoWroster for the first time today as I just put a new guild together. We host our site with Godaddy. I have had zero luck getting it to recognize that I have a MySQL database set up for it. It continually says "MySQL Module not available."

I logged into the IRC chat and was told it simply wont work with Godaddy with the new version of WoWRoster due to Godaddy not updating their SQL.

I just wanted to check and see if anyone else had a thought, because according to Godaddy they DID update their MySQL (From 4.0.x to 4.1 or 5.0). Here's their post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/7/07

MySQL 4.1 and 5.0 for Shared Hosting
This week we rolled out support for newer versions of MySQL in our Shared Hosting environment. Previously, all MySQL databases were 4.0.27. Now, our customers can choose between 4.1 and 5.0 when creating a new database from the Shared Hosting control panel.

Which version of MySQL should you use? If you're not sure, we recommend that you stick with MySQL 4.1, which is the default option. MySQL 4.1 provides some nice feature improvements over 4.0.27, such as prepared statements and sub queries, but is still very compatible with code targeting version 4.0. However, if you know that you need some of the newer MySQL features, such as views and stored procedures, then choose MySQL 5.0.

Read full post here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.. If I created it in these (and I tried both) why will it still not recognize it and let me install? Any thoughts?
Valia
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Wed May 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Roster uses a php function to check if the mysql module is loaded. If wowroster reports mysql isn't loaded, then that's what PHP is reporting, so something isn't set up right.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: GoDaddy.com and MySQL module?

Postby Tazochai » Wed May 30, 2007 11:56 pm

I have Godaddy and run roster with no issues on mysql 5.0
Tazochai
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Thu May 31, 2007 12:07 am

Roster should run fine on a host with mysql 4.1+ or 5.0+. What I meant is, the installer checks if the mysql php module is installed. This has nothing to do with connecting to the database at all, it just checks if the php interface is available. That's the stage Valia is getting an errror at.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Vanterax » Thu May 31, 2007 8:49 am

I logged into the IRC chat and was told it simply wont work with Godaddy with the new version of WoWRoster due to Godaddy not updating their SQL.

Just a FYI, I've been on GoDaddy for 8 months now and WoWRoster has no problems. I even upgraded it to MySQL 5 (was on MySQL 4 before) two months ago and it all went fine.
Vanterax
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Installation