Uniuploader is timing out on guild updates

Support and feedback for UniUploader
UniUploader requires microsoft .net runtimes!

Postby Kantri » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:26 am

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas. I have been updating my guild with UU for a long while now, but for some reason I have hit some sort of threshold. Now the UU times out when doing the guild update. It will update the characters on my account fine, but I am guessing my guild has reached a size too large before it times out?

If I do it manually, it will eventually update the entire guild, but it does take a very long time.

Is there a place I can change the timeout setting on UU? How are guilds with 200+ members updating? I only have 107 members and 157 alts.

Is it possible that an addon like Altmonitor or Siggen is creating the long upload times and forcing UU to timeout?
Kantri
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:59 am

I never really timed altmonitor. If you're generating signatures on guild update though, that's likely to cause a lot of slowdown.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby MattM » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:06 am

perhaps I need to add a "timeout" box to uu?

how big is characterprofiler.lua

how fast is your connection and the server's connection
Last edited by MattM on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Vanterax » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:14 am

Our guild is always on the limit of 500 toons (WoW limit for the guild panel). We often have to go through kicking out old inactive players and alts just to stay below 500. :)

UU never gave me any troubles updating and we do have AltMonitor and SigGen. However, I don't have SigGen set to create signature files on a guild update. Is that how you have it set up? I can see that being a source of long update delays.
Vanterax
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Uniuploader is timing out on guild updates

Postby Kantri » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:13 pm

To answer questions, yes siggen is creating their signatures on guild update. I have alot of players who use the siggen in the forums but don't update their profile on their own.

The last CharacterProfiler.lua was 84% Compressed for an upload size of 163.11KB. This is about normal.

Also, I am running it at home on a cable connection, and the server is plenty fast. http://bandofthorns.net/Roster/ for reference.
Kantri
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby MattM » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:45 pm

I don't think this is a uu issue.

try the neew version of uu it has 120 sdcond timeout
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: Uniuploader is timing out on guild updates

Postby Kantri » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:50 pm

I got the new version this morning and without logging in I pushed an upload with the same data from last night. It took a while, but it uploaded it all without a timeout error!

Thanks for the timely fix and for making me feel special by dropping my name on the update. :) My guild will be jealous that I am famous now!
Kantri
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to UniUploader