UniUploader with Guild Event Manager on Dragonfly

Addons for WoWRosterDF

Postby Yoggin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:51 am

Trying to get the UU to work with GEMPhp on DF but no luck at all so far, here is how I configed my UU.

The URL: (inteface file on the web) is set to the update page for gem so host/index.php?name=gem&update=1 and I added username/password that got access to upload on the site and I choose the GuildEventManger in the SavedVariables list. I click on Upload and I get this on Server Response.
Code: Select all
<!-- ############ Uploading to Primary URL...
     ############ http://host/~yoggin/index.php?name=gem&update=1 -->

I check the debugger and get these messages:
Code: Select all
[2006-06-08 00:45:47] Uploading to Primary URL...: http://host/~yoggin/index.php?name=gem&update=1
[2006-06-08 00:45:47] GuildEventManager2.lua - 89% Compressed. Upload Size 3,04 KB
[2006-06-08 00:45:47] Upload Error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Is there any changes I will have to make to get UU to work with GEMPhp and DF, have searched around and cant find anything that would solve this issue. Anyone that can help me out to resolve this problem?
Yoggin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby MattM » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:01 am

dragonfly has a security measure which blocks non whitelisted agents

theres an opiton in site securety turn it off
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: UniUploader with Guild Event Manager on Dragonfly

Postby Yoggin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:06 am

I now turned off that security feature and now I get this:

[2006-06-08 00:45:47] Uploading to Primary URL...: http://host/~yoggin/index.php?name=gem&update=1
[2006-06-08 00:45:47] GuildEventManager2.lua - No Compression. Upload Size 27 KB
[2006-06-08 00:45:47] Upload Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I double checked login in UU and its okey.
Yoggin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Yoggin » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:37 am

Okey I fixed this issue by changing so the module was visible for all visitors and just not registered users, but I would love to get this to work when having the module for only registered users, anyone got any idea on how to do that?
Yoggin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Anaxent » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:08 am

Yoggin wrote:Okey I fixed this issue by changing so the module was visible for all visitors and just not registered users, but I would love to get this to work when having the module for only registered users, anyone got any idea on how to do that?

Not sure yet....

I know Df was designed to keep bots and people from posting that were not really visiting the site which has made it difficult to get UU working with DF in the first place. The first attempt I had to make everyone change a df core file wich allowed anything with the user agent of UniUploader to post anything and anywhere on the site which yes I know was bad but we all wanted to get UU working. With the next release of wowrosterdf and because of the new release of DF I will have to do alot of recoding so in the process of that I will make sure to make this a priority as well.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Yoggin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:19 pm

Well atleast now it works with UU but now the problem is Im starting to get some shit events uploaded into my GEM on the website, is there anyway to lock the uploader so it will only parse data from a certain realm and guild?
Yoggin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby FuzTheCat » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:48 pm

Anaxent has a sticky here which seems to cover using UniUploader securely on WoWRosterDF websites.

I followed the instructions, and it all worked nicely for me. (beware, there was a bit of phpMyAdmin stuff to do).
FuzTheCat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to WoWRosterDF Addons