WOWroster X Clean install

Xoops / eXoops integration forum

Postby Acill » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:18 am

If this has been asked before I am sorry, but I couldnt find an exact answer. I just setup a Xoops 2.0.16 site and cant seem to get this working. I have the latest release and got the full archive version. Its extracted and I placed it into my moduled dir on my site. Do I need to do anything for it to access my database or does it use the one thats my xoops install is now using?

I attempted to install th e1.25 version before I found the latest release you posted here and was getting this error once I attempted to go to the module after it installed: Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: rosterlogin in /home/content/a/c/i/acill/html/devildogs/modules/wowrosterx/admin.php on line 38

So I deleted it and I am now waiting for the new package to finish uploading. A nice clear upload and first setup would be a great help. The docs are confusing since they refer to the original roster stand alone docs, but as far as I can tell I dont have the option to go to the www.mysite.com/roster/install.php to get into any setup, it should all be through the modules adim area in my xoops admin page right?

My site is located at www.thedevildogs.org (use www.acill.com/devildogs if it doesnt work, its a new domain and is still updating on some ISP's)
Acill
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: WOWroster X Clean install

Postby mdeshane » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:29 am

I must apologize for not having better installation instructions with the last release. I have been working on some install and troubleshooting documentation to be included in future versions.

After you complete the download/upload of the WRX 1.73 version and have copied all the files to your modules directory, you should be able to install the module from the Modules Admin page in your Xoops Admin.

After you have installed it there, you must fill in the settings for the roster and upload your guild data. If you need additional help, the install directions for WRX 1.73 can be found in the wrx_install.txt file included in your installation.
Accounts Addon - Roster v2 User Account Addon

PKC Dev Site - http://dev.pkcomp.net
My Roster Dev Site - http://myroster.dontexist.net
mdeshane
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Realm: Khadgar (PvE) - US

Postby Acill » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:25 am

I just cant get this to find our guild no matter what I do! I have it installed, seems to be working fine. I go to setting and enter in the guild name. We are Devil Dogs on Bonechewer, but it keeps telling me

Could not find guild: 'Devil Dogs' for server 'Bonechewer'
You need to load your guild first and make sure you finished configuration

What else do I need to do???

I can see our guild on the official wow armory page, so I know its listed!
Last edited by Acill on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Acill
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:17 am

Acill wrote:What else do I need to do???
True.
Many steps are needed - none can be forgotten - and you skipped two of them at least.

The question is: which one ? Because we already know the first: it's a fact right now that the Wiki pages are ok...)? And you skipped it :-)
[Don't worry right now : the first time I opened up the box to install this one, I thought I could do it in a couple of minutes, it took me 2 hours - and that excludes the server upload time - lol)
From what you told us, no-one will be able to finish the magic phrase that solves your problem.
What I asssume from the error phrase it to it doesn't accept the file that you upload to init your roster.
So I just throw in some basic needs:
Do you have the latest two WoW Add On loaded:
This one: http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/Addons/CharacterProfiler.cfm
And this one: http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/Addons/GuildProfiler.cfm ?

Check into WoW, do what the local Wiki says (they do that far more better then I do) so that you will wind up with a valid file to upload: the famous CharacterProfiler.lua file that you can find over here (and no-where else please) : C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACILLl \SavedVariables
Does this file exists in your PC on that place ?
What is its size ?
Upload this file and use the roster Password when doing so to init the Roster ones (the password is also needed every time a Guildie enters or leaves your Guild).
Of course, the Guild name declared in the Roster (the Roster Configuration => Guild Options=> line Name of the Guild) must be the name present in the CharacterProfiler.lua file - just open it up in Blocnote, and look for it. There must be an exact match.
You use accents ? Be happy :thumright: - don't yell - be ready for an trial and error. I normally just copie from the CharacterProfiler.lua file the exact Guild name to the Roster config - I'm treating French rosters here ;-))

(some more LUA files are present in that directory - and as many BAK files also).

Acill wrote:I can see our guild on the official wow armory page, so I know its listed!
It seems logic to me that WoW knows all about the Guild that you create in theire game, no ?
Armory = WoW = Blizzard.
If you could just crap out the info out of WoW to update our Rosters, then we wouldn’t bother our Guildies for updating?
[Actually, one can use the Amory to fill in the Roster partially - but that's just another ball-game :cyclops2: ]

Go for it !!
Last edited by tuigii on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Acill » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:30 am

I do have those two addons installed and working fine, I didntupload them to the roster though, I didnt think you needed to do that at first to see just the list of names in the guild, heh... Well i am at work now so i cant do it, but will when I get home.

Last night I did upload it to the RPG Outfitter website and I can see at least my players stats.
Acill
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:42 am

Acill wrote:I do have those two addons installed and working fine, I didntupload them to the roster though, I didnt think you needed...

These Add On shouldn't be 'sent' to the roster : they live in the C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns directoy on YOUR hard disk.
We're talking basic WoW Add On's here : NOT Roster Add ON's !!!!!!
They are used to construct this file : C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACILL\SavedVariables\CharacterProfiler.lua
The GuildProfiler Add On is needed for the person that updates the roster on a Guild level (the tech guy in the group - the GM or some one else for that mather) - every other player is just using the CharacterProfiler Add On only.

Of course, Guild level uploading needs also the Roster password.

The GuildProfiler just stufs some more info into the file that you sent to the roster : your CharacterProfiler.lua will be a little big bigger than a normal Guildie one. Thats all.
It will contain some basic character info of every Guildie in your Guild.

NEVER upload the small (less then 1 Kb) GuildProfiler.lua file - it's an orphan file that shouldn't be touched - neither used.
Last edited by tuigii on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Acill » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:03 am

Ah, okay well i am just a guild officer so I may need to teach my GM how to do all this. The characterprofiler is simple, i have it in my wow install addons folder and i know it works. I have been messing with it and see it working, it also shows up when I start the game and click the addons button on the lower left.
Acill
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:17 am

The GuildProfiler can be used by anyone that takes care of the Roster : this could be the GM - but this isn't a rule - you could do it.
The one that has the roster password handles the Roster. Even a lvl 1 reroll could so so ;-)

Just note that this person (or these persons) have to have GuildProfiler installed. It's a very light Add On - and it gives you just a extra button more on the Guild page in wow. But I never used red buttons anyway. Opening up all the concerning pages (person, all sacs, all skill, all reputs, all bank sacs - all the lot) and closing them down will make a valid complete CharacterProfile file. As stated in the Wiki.

Note also that ANYONE in your guild can install GuildProfiler if they want to - if they haven't the Roster password, then the extra info in their CharacterProfiler.lua file isn't used. That's all.

Anyway : read this page : http://www.wowroster.net/wiki/index.php/Roster:Updating
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Return to Xoops / eXoops