confused about setting up a group calendar

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby bajanman » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Hello all,
I've been doing a guild website for about a month now, using Joomla:

http://synergy.ottley.ca/

I use the roster, I use phpbb, and I use gallery2. I'm in the process of using the uniuploader, and created a "package" for the guildies to use to sync their characterprofile, etc.

So things seem to be going smoothly.

We want to do the next step, and have a group calendar system.

Ideally, i'd like to get an addon inside of warcraft where people can add, etc, and then view on the website.

I have been poking around for this solution, and think i came up with one.

Using "groupcalendar" addon, with a website php integrator... it seems promising, but in all honesty, I'd like to have uniuploader upload something to the website instead of another program?

And then I see here that there's a group program here, but i just can't figure out with all the forum talk.. does it work? is there an actual warcraft addon that you can use in game?, etc.

if I can get some pointers on which way to go, i'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
bajanman
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Elethil » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:15 am

We were using the group cal addon with the php intigration. I still have it up. it was working well. I just had one officer that pretty much ran all the raids we did upload the cal.lua adn update the webview. You don't need a seperate program to upload it to your website. you do it right from the php addon that you integrate on your site. However, I think you can have uniuploader do it for you. Im not sure how exactly cuz I never messed around with it. But I think you can select what lua files it will update. not sure how you specify where they update too however. But just using the webinterface in the php addon was good enough for us.

ONly down side to this solution is there is no way for anyone to add an event from the webite side of life. Only ingame.

www.wazzup.info/dragon

we don't have much goin on these day's since BC totally decimated our guild. Arena FTW these day's. :)
Elethil
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Re: confused about setting up a group calendar

Postby bajanman » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:46 am

Hey there, thanks for the heads up.
You're right, i did download it and install it, now i'm trying to figure out how I use uniloader to upload the cal.lua??? where it goes, etc..
any one know?

thanks
bajanman
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback