An Allegiance Roster

Here you can find plenty of help with your general coding needs and projects
If it is about a specific program, use the corresponding forum
DO NOT ask basic questions such as "How do I print a variable", use Google for that

An Allegiance Roster

Postby Hajatil » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:33 pm

I've read the F.A.Q's and I know the short answer is NO.
I just want some help to try this out and see if it works.
I'm CODE illiterate but will try to find the answer on my own.
If I'm totally wrong in my understanding let me know or if you have the answer, Thankyou before hand.

Lets say I create a normal WoWRoster .. In config I say the guild name is "Allegiance". Its not a guild that exsists in Warcraft.

Now in admin/update.php the characterprofiler.lua is turned into an array.
Any one with the GuildProfiler Addon would have a guild memberlist in this characterprofiler.lua

Now around line 227 a function is started processGuildRoster.

BEFORE..
Code: Select all
if( $roster_conf['guild_name'] == $guildName ){

How do I code so it..
1. Replace the characters in Public note with the guild name.
2. change guild name to Allegiance
3. If Officer note equals "Allegiance" then add name to WoWRoster list

Now this I'm thinking will get names from different guilds into the list. as long as their officer note equals "allegiance".
But the update function for WoWRoster...

Code: Select all
// Remove the members who were not in this list
                     $wowdb->remove_guild_members($guildId, $currentTime);
                     $wowdb->remove_guild_members_id($guildId);

Would need to be rewrote to remove only members that...

a) were on the Current CharacterProfiler.lua (now made an array)
b) but no longer have "allegiance" in officer note

Now.. like I said I'm code illiterate but will try to find the answer to this out myself any help would be greatly appreciated cuase I only know the bone head way of "Trial and Error" method of coding. but what i think this will do is...

1. Allow different Guild Masters (or who ever has GuildProfiler and the password to the Roster to update) to upload their unique characterprofiler (aka their unique guild memberlist)
2. The GM's will add officer notes to say who from their guild is uploaded.
3. The GM's remove the notes to take people off of the roster
4. Becuase the guild is changed to Allegiance its the public notes that say what guild people are from. Horde can be uploaded to the same List if they have the required Officer note. (note: now how to display faction in the roster page.)

Some problems::

1. If a member leaves the guild his name will have no automated method of being taken off of the WoWRoster list. (note: if some one knows a way of doing this manually I'ld really like to know)

Well thats my idea any help would be appreciated.
Hajatil
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

An Allegiance Roster

Postby zanix » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:15 am

A public version of roster was in the works on the previous forums that allowed this
Someone was hard at work and even had a public beta (I think)

Not sure about it now as all the content here was lost when we were hacked on June 29th
Last edited by zanix on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: An Allegiance Roster

Postby Hajatil » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:36 pm

I've rethought my aproach but still need help with the code. Mine is not working. I've put a box in the update.php page that asks what the users guild is. A function then goes through the array of characterprofiler changing the provided name to Allegiance. Then it is passed to the rest of the script as usually. again with the updating function turned off so different guild profiler can be loaded.

I can do this manually and it works. the part thats not working is haveing the php go through either the file or the array to change the value. Still working on it.
Hajatil
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Howmag » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:46 pm

To stay on topic

I have seen that the Roster makes a table count account
and by me still not used

can't we use the account table to give friends, guildies and so an account so only they can update or upload their data. so they can upload their full Characterprofiler, without looking to Guild or Server?

I for sertain will look into this
Howmag
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

An Allegiance Roster

Postby joehail » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:56 pm

I am wondering why we don't just figure out how to use the guild number information to show multiple guilds. There is a field in the members table called guild that is a numerical field for the guild name. Shouldn't it be fairly simple to implement a multi guild roster using that number?

just a thought
joehail
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

An Allegiance Roster

Postby Howmag » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:47 pm

and what about chars that are not in a guild??
Howmag
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

An Allegiance Roster

Postby nightfighter » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:59 pm

When I did this with 1.5.1, I modified Update.php so it would make guilds for characters that were not in guilds named "Unguilded - Horde" and "UnGuilded - Alliance". If the character in the LUA file didn't have a guild, they were automatically added to that guild for that server. You can see some of how it works by going to World Of Warcraft Guilds - Server List

I have not worked on this in a while and I have not brought the code up from there to 1.6 or 1.7. Mostly from time contraints in the coding that is required to fix the files so they only show records from a specific guild instead of assuming all the members are from the same guild.
Last edited by nightfighter on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

An Allegiance Roster

Postby Hannah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:13 am

I have a beta running on my server where somebody could more than one guild and a guildless character (for bank)...

I´ll test it some more and maybe i´ll post it here...

Missing part in the moment:
Deleting memebrs who left...

CU

Hannah
Hannah
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

An Allegiance Roster

Postby nightfighter » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:16 am

The biggest issue I have with it is when I have a character who is a member of a guild, and then I leave the guild, the guild stays and is not getting updated anymore. my character will either move to another guild or to unguilded. If someone else in the guild is updating the guild as well, then it will still be a live process.

One of the parts I was working on developing was an area that a user could login to and control access to certain information in guild based on if the person looking at the page is a guild member, the person who owned the character being looked at, or just a member of the public. The other thing it allowed was for me to make a page that listed all of the characters I have and what server they are on as well as what guild they are a member of.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

An Allegiance Roster

Postby Hajatil » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:44 pm

Pretty Mute point now that some wonderful person has made
"Public Roster" .. its excellent. Thnx Polodude and Zeryl. I think the real functionality missing out of the Rosters is a way for the admin to sort What get added to the roster. If the Admin had a list of parameters to decide wether a character uploads or not. min-lvl, faction, guild, class, etc..
Hajatil
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Howmag » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 pm

The public roster works great, still having some problems with the siggen but am trying to find the bug

a comment for those who want to install it, the zip file contanes the config file, you have to delete that before you can acctually install the public roster :-)
Howmag
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Code Help