SigGen and DFRoster

A signature and avatar generator addon

Moderator: zanix

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby Bishop » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:00 am

Evidently, I must be completely retarded...

I have installed DFRoster into my Dragonfly setup, containing SigGen in the addons folder of DFRoster. However... when I press the button for SigGen config... I am told the following:

Code: Select all
Password not defined or empty     

No...you can't have an empty password
What's the point of having an empty password?

I'm sorry, but you need some kind of a password set in Roster Config to get in

This is odd to me, since there is no way to change a password, or even add one, for DFRoster. I assume that the DFRoster password functions are tied to the Admin account, which would explain why I was able to set up DFRoster without it asking me for a password. However, I am at a complete loss as to how to rectify this situation, to enable the usage of SigGen.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: SigGen and DFRoster

Postby Bishop » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:56 pm

As I was... after playing around with the index.php file in the addons folder, I remmed out the password verification script, and my problem(s) went away. I don't know if that is what was designed to happen... but it did work.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby zanix » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:22 am

Upgrade SigGen to 0.2.6 (latest as of this post)
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby Bishop » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:34 am

Just to make sure that I understand you correctly... I am suppose to upgrade the copy of SigGen, to the one you mentioned (0.2.6). Does that work, without any porting, with DFRoster for Dragonfly? When I uploaded the files last night, trying this, I was asked to update the DB -- however, I was sent on an endless cycle of SigGen telling me this.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby Bishop » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:55 am

And here we are... I cleared out my siggen folder today, I dropped the db table from my db, and ran a fresh install. This is really quite humorous -- no SQL queries are being run. To work around the install of the DB table, I ran c/p queries into phpMyAdmin to enable the DB to have the table, in the hopes that everything would be worked around. It did... to an extent -- I can now see all the SigGen page, as normal... but anytime I attempt to process a query -- nothing happens. No changes are made to the DB on any level... In fact... as soon as the "query" is made, I am kicked right back out to the DFRoster main page, looking at my Guild list.
Last edited by Bishop on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Xaarn » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 am

Bishop wrote:And here we are... I cleared out my siggen folder today, I dropped the db table from my db, and ran a fresh install. This is really quite humorous -- no SQL queries are being run. To work around the install of the DB table, I ran c/p queries into phpMyAdmin to enable the DB to have the table, in the hopes that everything would be worked around. It did... to an extent -- I can now see all the SigGen page, as normal... but anytime I attempt to process a query -- nothing happens. No changes are made to the DB on any level... In fact... as soon as the "query" is made, I am kicked right back out to the DFRoster main page, looking at my Guild list.

I'm having the exact same issue, I deleted my siggen folder, unzipped the latest version (0.2.6), and hit the install button. It does not create the table and just returns me to the main roster screen, no debug window or anything is showing.
Xaarn
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Bishop » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:52 am

Well, here is the weird part...

Last night, I had SigGen working to a certain extent. I was using the version that came bundled with DFRoster, and after I commented out the lines of code I mentioned above... I was able to install, and use SigGen. The problem, however, came that I was unable to save anything with SigGen. I was unable to change the path from sig/ or av/, to the images directory specified in another post (all it did, was continually try to put the images in the directory: /httpd/{site name}/public_html/wow/modules -- on and on until the sig/ and av/ directories. I could not change it in the configuration fields in the DB, to save outside of the root SigGen directory. I was able to change the code to enable the possibility of saving elsewhere... but I'd rather NOT do that if at all possible.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby Bishop » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:41 am

To help narrow down the problem... I installed SigGen on a new installation of Roster -- not DFRoster -- but Roster itself. It installed cleanly, and is running fine.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby zanix » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:31 am

Weird,
I made many changes to SigGen to allow it to be used in WoWRosterDf without modifying anything

I guess I need to debug some more
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby Bishop » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:42 am

I definitely agree... it is weird.

I'm not sure where the problem is either... I can only narrow the search down for you :) -- in this case, I can only say it is somewhere involving DB modifications -- anything that involves modifying the tables, is just not happening. Accessing the tables works just fine. I can see all the information that I manually put into the DB, and I can change it from a command line or through phpMyAdmin -- but using the SigGen functions, is not working... but only in DFRoster.

I'd love to help you with this as much as possible. While my PHP and MySQL skills are limited these days (I use to program it for websites about 3-4 years ago), I love using anything that makes my life a little easier.
Last edited by Bishop on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby zanix » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:55 pm

Do you have the DF addons fix from the dragonfly forum?
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby Bishop » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:36 am

Negative... let me try that, and see where that gets me...

Also, as a bit of an aside... how're things in Pocatello? I use to live in Shelley for 2 years, back in the day -- now I live in Wisconsin.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby Bishop » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:41 am

I feel like a total nooooooooooooooblet now... that worked like a charm... To be honest, that's one of those things that I would have thought would have been bundled with the version of DFRoster, since I only downloaded it like a few days ago. My bad... thanks for your time.
Last edited by Bishop on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bishop
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

SigGen and DFRoster

Postby zanix » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:03 am

Anaxent is in charge of wowrosterdf, so ask him why he hasn't updated the package
Roster is kinda the same way, we generally don't repackage releases with hot fixes

I'm glad it works though
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby foxpur » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:09 pm

Which reminds me Zanix,

Is there a specific download area for just hotfixes?
foxpur
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Next

Return to SigGen