redirect to character page

Joomla/Mambo integration forum

redirect to character page

Postby Rumik » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi there,

I'm using Joomla with Community Builder and also using WoW Roster alongside them both. Community Builder allows you to specify a URL for members to be redirected to upon login. What I'd really like is for people to be redirected to their roster character page - is there a way of changing the character name in the character page url automatically? So it would be http://xxx/roster/char.php?name=Char1&s ... ronzebeard for me and http://xxx/roster/char.php?name=Char2&s ... ronzebeard for somebody else?

Oh, I've got a custom field set up in Community Builder called main_character that could be used to display the correct character page. I'm just not sure about the rest.

Cheers :)
Last edited by Rumik on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumik
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: redirect to character page

Postby shadydude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:33 pm

It should'nt be to difficult as long as people are using the same user name in joomla as in roster. Im working on something similar i'll let u know if i manage to get it to work.
Go for the eyes boo go for the eyes
shadydude
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Rumik » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:16 pm

Great thanks :) The only problem is my site members don't ever sign into roster, they just sign into joomla and the roster itself and event calender, etc are all wrapped in joomla pages.
Rumik
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby shadydude » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:56 pm

Sorry what I mean is that your members would have to sign on onto joomla using the same name that appears on roster. e.g my chr is called shadydude so i would have to log onto joomla using the same name. That way I should be able to use their joomla log in to redirect them to their chr page on roster. I'm in the process of looking at how joomla stores members log in names and how I would be able to retrieve this info to make this possible. :thumright:
Go for the eyes boo go for the eyes
shadydude
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Rumik » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:47 pm

Nice, that'll do brilliantly :D
Rumik
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Joomla/Mambo