[FIXED] Possbile Error reading JNLP file in Mac + popup menu

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Postby ds » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:00 am

Heya,

I was testing out jUU this weekend on a Mac (shhh don't tell anyone I own a Mac). The Webstart page does not seem to parse into jUU when I launch it. I mean that UniAdmin sync URL does not get filled in automagically. I can put this in manually and all is well.

Another issue is that I cannot make modifications to fields that require me to right click to enter values. Like upload URLs and Additional Post Variables. (I think i've tired all the common key combos to get it to work... so far no luck)

The mac is this:
Tiger OSX 10.4.9
Java is: "1.5.0_06"
jUU used: v0.9.14.9

I can post the log file, but nothing about errors is listed.
jUU Logs wrote:# [ FINEST ] 6 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINEST ] 4 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINE ] Detecting World of Warcraft directory ..
# [ FINE ] Detecting your accounts ..
# [ FINEST ] 5 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINEST ] 3 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINEST ] 4 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINEST ] 2 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINEST ] 3 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINE ] Updating configuration from sync URL ..
# [ FINE ] Parsing settings ..
# [ FINEST ] 2 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINEST ] 1 tasks waiting to be executed ..
# [ FINE ] Updating configuration from sync URL ..
# [ FINE ] Parsing settings ..
# [ FINEST ] 1 tasks waiting to be executed ..
Last edited by ds on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Possbile Error reading jnlp file in Mac

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:32 am

Oh god Macs have no third mouse button.

/me wanders off toward the jUU code mumbling.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:55 am

Possibly fixed that error with right clicking; if I'm right you had the problem as well with opening the systray icon and tragging the jUU frame around (which is done by rightclicking and dragging the frame around).

Should be fixed with you once I upload the latest code.

About that JNLP thing.. that's odd. I have no real way of debugging that without access to a Mac ;x.

I could make you some debugging builds of jUU and have you report your findings with them I suppose. It would take a lot of interaction.
Last edited by lhunath on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby ds » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:57 am

So, after I posted this a system update popped up and Java was one of them. I updated Java to: 1.5.0_07. Removed the .jUUrc from my home directory. I relaunched jUU from webstart and jUU pulled in the config info from UniAdmin. I guess the patch from Sun fixed my issue. *shrugs*
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:59 am

Oh, interesting. Ok.

If any other Mac users have problems with this, please report your experience here.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby ds » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:59 am

Bah.. now it is not finding the WoW directory. *pulls hair out*
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:35 am

Autodiscovery of the WoW Directory relies on either one of these techniques:

1. Windows Registry
2. Locate

The second is used for *NIX. I have no clue whether it's shipped with MacOS by default but since you say it's not working I assume it isn't.

Until I know a way of obtaining the installation location of WoW on Macs I don't see autodiscovery of the WoW folder working ..
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:37 am

The WoW Path is considdered valid when the 'WTF/Account' directory exists under it.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby ds » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:14 am

I dropped to terminal and tried 'locate'. It is installed by default on OSX (at least my version of OSX). What command would jUU issue to 'locate' the WoW app? I can run that manually and give you the results.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:46 am

Uh.

"/usr/bin/locate WoW.exe" :\
Last edited by lhunath on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby ds » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:54 am

d-s-powerbook-g4:~ ds$ /usr/bin/locate WoW.exe
d-s-powerbook-g4:~ ds$

Perhaps look for World of Warcraft.app ?
Last edited by ds on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:14 pm

Yeah, I know. I just assumed WoW only came in Win32 executable form; silly me for neglecting it being compiled for Mac.

Added a locate check for World of Warcraft.app too, now.
Last edited by lhunath on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby ds » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:23 pm

is jUU ok with output like this:

d-s-powerbook-g4:/Applications/World of Warcraft ds$ locate World\ of\ Warcraft.app
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Info.plist
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/PkgInfo
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component/Contents
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component/Contents/Info.plist
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component/Contents/MacOS
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX Gaming
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component/Contents/PkgInfo
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component/Contents/Resources
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.component/Contents/Resources/DivX Gaming.rsrc
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Info.plist
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/MacOS
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/MacOS/Error Reporter
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/PkgInfo
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Resources
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib/classes.nib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib/info.nib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib/keyedobjects.nib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Error Reporter.app/Contents/Resources/wow-error.icns
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Main.nib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Main.nib/classes.nib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Main.nib/info.nib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/Main.nib/objects.xib
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/mpq.icns
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/Resources/wow.icns

d-s-powerbook-g4:/Applications/World of Warcraft ds$ locate World\ of\ Warcraft.app |head -1
/Applications/World of Warcraft/World of Warcraft.app
?
Last edited by ds on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby lhunath » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Yeah, it does exactly what you do with your "| head -1". It only takes the first result.

Interesting output though. Is "World of Warcraft.app" a folder? Or some kind of archive?
Last edited by lhunath on Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby ds » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:02 pm

It is a folder but OSX doesn't really treat it as such. Its the Universal Binary format.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_binary
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Next

Return to NetherPanel