Cannot install guild info

Installation issues with WoWRoster

Postby Thrloka » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:18 am

Can someone PLEASE help me with this...

I am trying to get guild roster to work on our website. I cannot configure the guild for some reason...

I keep getting:

Could not find guild: 'Excalion' for server 'Mug'thol'
You need to load your guild first and make sure you finished configuration

Click here for installation instructions.

This makes no sense to me as that I know I have spelled it right.

Has anyone tried this addon and know how to get it to work?

I keep trying up upload the .lua and it says:

Parsing files

* Parsed CharacterProfiler in 0.17 seconds

Help please!
Thrloka
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Adric » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 am

could you please provide what version of WoW Roster you are using?
Adric
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Cannot install guild info

Postby tuigii » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:11 pm

Thrloka wrote:This makes no sense to me as that I know I have spelled it right....

Yeah, I know.
But, do you fully understand how all those character sets inter operate? Your SQL is using what to 'translate' the "'" into something else...

Do this test :
Open up your data base with phpmyadmin : it's a nice exercise because it teaches you how to access your SQL stuff (read: roster items) 'the quick and dirty way'.
When you know the table prefix, goto the table roster_guild.
Select it in the left column, and in the right part, activate Browse table.
Locate the line with your Guild info, edit your guild name and save your modification. Think about keeping the original name on the clip board.

Now for the funny part : use a text editor (I don't think Word will do here : use always something like UltraEdit or look alikes) and open your CP.lua.
Use the Search and Replace function.
Change your Guild name to test123 everywhere in the file.
Save & Upload.

If it works: welcome: you found the problem, maybe changing and constructing your tables with another character set will do it - take an uft8... one.

It still doesn't work: your problem is something different yet.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby msginabttl » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:26 pm

I am having the same problem as the first poster my server is in the European server and it is Defias Brotherhood on the Alliance side and it is called Servo Decus.My character is Ligor and I am the guild leader.I have downloaded all the addons and in the game i clicked on the new button in the upper left corner in my guild list to upp date the guild rooster.I am using smf forum ver.1.1.13 that is the latest as of now.I have it installed on my domain servo-decus.org with my domain provider monster domain.com.
My first question is does it matter if my guild in guild information has a space between servo and decus and should it be all capital letters?I choose rppvp server and eu server ,why does it not find my guild on the server or the server?
msginabttl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby msginabttl » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:01 pm

This is the exact message that i am getting.
Could not find guild: 'servo decus' for server 'defias brotherhood'
You need to load your guild first and make sure you finished configuratio

I believe have finished the installation so I can't figure out what i am missing I had some technical help with uploading this to my server and the person that did it for me said everything is fine on the server side,but he could not help me with the guild information.I cannot allso find the characters lua information I went to wtf in wow folder and looked up my characters name but could not see any lua file for my character.
msginabttl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:43 am

First of all: as stated in the manual (Wiki) : you need TWO add on's installed in WoW :
1) rpgo-CharacterProfiler (v2.1.1)
2) rpgo-GuildProfiler (v2.1.0) !!

Enter WoW - check that they are loaded by typing
/cp list
/gp

Open ALL sacs, banks, pages, social, perfs etc etc - and quit WoW. The correct procedure is described in the Wiki....
The roster, on the upload page, tells you where the file is on your hardisk that you should upload !!
DO NOT upload the Add On - named ...... :shock: CharacterProfiler.lua file (correct, the datafile has the same name as the Add On that build it !!). The data file is a couple of levels LOWER the the WTF directory. It's in the SavedVariables directory, and there are many other lua and bak files.
It's even lower than the directory that has your WoW LOGIN name !
[Don't be affraid, the WoW program created this directory.... it will not be send over the Internet your to your Roster...).
Do never touch, look, delete, open, twiggle, remove, shake etc etc the GuildProfiler.lua file : leave it alone, you don't need to do anything with it.

When upload Guild Info, or initializing the Roster because it's empty (your case), think about entering the Roster Admin password, a little bit lower on the upload page.

This password has to be entered if members are Guilded, or if members are removed from your Guild.
So, normally, only Officers or the MG should use the password when uploading.
Remember : roster updating "on a Guild level" can be done by every one, - if these conditions are met:
He/she has instaled the Guildprofiler Add On
and
She/he enters the roster password.

Normal user could install the Guildprofiler Add On, but the Guild info thrown in their CharacterProfiler.lua won't be used - because they don't know the password.
Thus : normal Guild users can only update their character in the Roster.
Get it ?

Go init your thing :D

PS : Didi I mention that you shouldn't use or touch the GuildProfiler.lua file :wink:

Btw : my guild name is : "Papy team"
So, in my Roster admin page (named Guild Options) I entered this name, with the space. And without the quotes.
My european server : "Khaz Modan" (again, without the quotes).

In my CharacterProfiler.lua file I have 'somewhere' (use the find function from your editor tou find yours qucikly):
Code: Select all
   ["Khaz Modan"] = {
      ["Guild"] = {
         ["Papy team"] = {

Get it ?!!
Last edited by tuigii on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby tuigii » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:56 am

msginabttl wrote:My first question is does it matter if my guild in guild information has a space between servo and decus...

Noop, see my example above.
msginabttl wrote: and should it be all capital letters?I choose rppvp server and eu server ,why does it not find my guild on the server or the server?
? No way, it should be identical.
Meaning A is not an a (who said it was :wink: ).
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby msginabttl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:32 am

i found the two profile files an loaded them when i was done this is the answer i got back.

Parsing files

* Parsed CharacterProfiler in 0.07 seconds
* Parsed PvPLog in 0 seconds

Realm: Defias Brotherhood Ignored
Server: Defias Brotherhood Ignored
msginabttl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby msginabttl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:34 am

btw i open all the sacks in my main characters window but as soon you log out ,hit the escape button everything closes again.Is that ok?
msginabttl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby msginabttl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:49 am

I checked the two addons you mentions gp and cp list are loaded.
msginabttl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby msginabttl » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:57 am

I managed to get it to work ,the only thing that gives me error now is the quest log.Nothing show even thou I got 25 quest in there.I also wonder how do I do uploading other players lua files? and do they need to have the same add ons installed to see what i can see?When i am not logged in as administrator and just have a link on my forum to the rooster I can see all the details of my bags including how much gold I got.Is there a way to eclude showing that to the public?
msginabttl
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Installation