[Admin update] guildlist overwritten by older version

CharacterProfiler.lua file uploading issues

Postby Jolrael » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:29 pm

I have a problem where there are multiple officers in my guild that from time to time update the roster. Some of them use the automated uploader, which just uploads the CharacterProfiler.lua everytime it gets updated.

This results in a problem where someone's character gets put into the roster by officer A, but when officer B logs out later, without having a last look at the ingame memberlist, officer B updates the roster with an older version of the guildlist, resulting in the previously added member to be removed again.

This isn't a very big issue in standard roster usage, but within our website, the roster in integrated entirely into the website, where forum usernames are matched against roster main-names (which are saved in the note-field), resulting in a list of characters per member, which they can subscribe into our custom-made raiding system, etc.

My question; is there a build possibility to ensure that the roster will only update when the rosterlist itself is newer than the previous version? If so, where can I find it. If not, then is there someone who has already looked into this problem and what were his/her finding (cq. is it possible at all/does the CharacterProfiler.lua even have a timestamp)?

Any other (handy) remaks on this subject are welcome as well of course ;)

I have been doing some searches on this forum about similair problems, but haven't been able to find a page. Should you know one, then I'd be very happy if you could link the topic for me ;)
Jolrael
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:59 pm

I'm not sure if there's a fix available for 1.7.3 somewhere, but earlier issues with this have prompted the insertion of a check in 1.8
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to Uploading