Talents and YOU

Sync Blizzards' Armory data with WoWRoster (addon depreciated no longer works see ApiSync)

Moderators: Ulminia, poetter

Talents and YOU

Postby Kristoff22 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:55 pm

I'm nearly done the talents for the enUS version, but I need some help - preferably by people who are a little technically savvy. The first problem I have is with the images. CharacterProfiler gives the image name as part of the xml under the talents attribute. That works fine - as long as your character has talents :) Right now, I only have 4 different classes that are level 10+, so I need help from the following other 5 classes: druid, paladin, rogue, warrior, and warlock. If you could please send your CharacterProfiler.lua to me in an email, I would appreciate it. Alternatively, if you know of a way to map talents to their associated WR.net icons, that would REALLY help!

The second thing I need help with is internationalization. I was able to extract the talents by going to http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... lents.html , viewing the page source, downloading the associated javascript files, and parsing through them. However, they're all in English, and I haven't the slightest idea on how to change the language (it could, very well, be right in front of my face, and at this point I would actually still miss it). Does Blizzard's Talent Calculator come in German, Spanish, French, etc. versions? If so, what javascript files do they use?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Talents and YOU

Postby Kristoff22 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:01 am

Actually, ignore the second part. I sort of lied, and didn't go to the wow-europe version. I used worldofwarcraft.com, but linked to the Europe one for convenience. I looked at it a little closer and, lo and behold, the path to the talents javascript file is different... it separates them out by language. Silly Blizzard! This will be cake now...
Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Talents and YOU

Postby PleegWat » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:21 am

As you're addon dev, you should have read access to the SVN repo for roster itself. That repo also contains a bunch of cp.luas for testing purposes.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Talents and YOU

Postby Kristoff22 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:42 am

Thanks for the tip Pleeg
Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Talents and YOU

Postby Kristoff22 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:46 am

No love for rogues. I was able to find talent icons for Warlocks, Warriors, Paladins, and Druids, but not rogues (I have the other 4). Can someone help? Thanks.
Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Talents and YOU

Postby PleegWat » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:35 pm

I've got a L40 rogue, but I haven't played it in ages so it probably isn't in the cp.lua in the repo. I'll go make a scan and update my file.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to ArmorySync - Depreciated