DKP Assisstance

EQDKP integration forum

DKP Assisstance

Postby Hardball » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Hello there. I used to sue EqDKP and I needed some help but there support forums seems to be non responcive. I would just like to know how to use DKP. I know how to install it I have installed it successfully before but I deleted it. Now i dont understand something. Do users have to register with the EqDKP separatly then from registering on the site? Also are there any specific mods in game that you actually need to make EqDKP work properly?

If anyone can please hlep me out with this whole EqDKP thing i would apprecaite it. Every guild site seems to use that. And if EqDKP is not that effective can somone point me in the direction of a DKP system that works good? I am currently using webDKP and well it just doenst match or do me any good. Thank you so much. And if I am unclear on something pleaase tell me and I will try to clarify.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

DKP Assisstance

Postby Putridd » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:37 pm

I too am seeking the same needed info as you Hardball. I do hope someone comes alongs and point us in the right direction.

So far as I know, it all need to be add to the eqDKP site manually. Eeek!
Putridd
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

DKP Assisstance

Postby Diska » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:01 pm

No, not all your users need to register on your eqdkp site, for regular use only your admins need an account.
There are mainly 2 ways of registering DKP: Insert each raid manually, or use the CT_RaidTracker Plugin for EQdkp.

If you decide to go with the CT_RT plugin then you need an in-game mod to register raids, called CT_RaidTracker (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/5892/). More information on this can be found on the eqdkp forums: http://forums.eqdkp.com/index.php?showforum=68
Diska
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

DKP Assisstance

Postby Hardball » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:32 pm

Thank You Diska. Now I do have another question. Is there any ingame mod to use other then CT_RT to actually add and subtract DKP from your raid members? Or does that have to be done manually via the admin panel like you said? I am sorry for all these question but I always want to learn new things and how to make things work.

Thanks Again
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

DKP Assisstance

Postby Diska » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 pm

No other mods are required, CT_RT will allow you to register practically anything that happens during a raid.
If you want to make adjustments to a single member (for example, someone bought some void crystals from the guildbank) then you will need to add that change manually.

A WoW addon can't modify any files on your system (except it's LUA file with it's settings) and can't contact any websites, so a fully automatic system would be almost possible. That's why you need to do an export with CT_RT, copy the exported text, and paste that in the importer of the CT_RT importer plugin.
Last edited by Diska on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diska
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: DKP Assisstance

Postby Hardball » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:06 am

Okay I understand that now. Thank you. Now if I want to award DKP to a individual raid member or the whole raid. Becasue I saw that you said if you wanted to make adjustments to a single member then it has to be done manually. Are those "adjustments" adding how much DKP was awarded to the raid or who got what item to the memers? And does CT_RT basically just record what bosses where downed, items dropped, etc? I never really used CT_RT so I don't quite understand. I used something called WebDKP basically it is an ingame addon that takes all of the members in your raid and you can edit DKP for certain members rite in game and then Sync it and it goes to the WebDKP website.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

DKP Assisstance

Postby Diska » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:06 pm

I could go on and tell you all about it in here, but I think it's time you get your hands dirty and install CT_RT so you can see what it's posibilities are ;)

Basically what CTRT does is: Register the times that people joined/leaved the raid. It logs what bosses were downed (and at what time) and items dropped (optionally asking how much dkp an item costs).
It will also record wipes but the importer for eqdkp doesn't do anything with that, I believe the importer for MLdkp does do that.
Diska
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

DKP Assisstance

Postby Hardball » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:19 pm

Well I am trying to get my hands dirty and well it sint working so well. I dont seem to get it. I downloaded EqDKP from the website and well my config.php file is empty. I didnt know this was a big deal so now when i tried to isntall EqDKP it worked great but I couldnt configure my site becasue i would get an error 403 everytime i click configurations tab. It says I do not have permission to access that URL. Now what do i do? Please someone help me.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

DKP Assisstance

Postby Diska » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:35 pm

Check your file permissions.

But this really belongs on the eqdkp forums, it's not related to wowroster at all.
Diska
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

DKP Assisstance

Postby Hardball » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:48 pm

File PErmissions were changed. But still causes that same error. And yes I know it belongs on the EqDKP forums but they neer respond in the help section. And the forum search never shows up with anyone like a problem similar to mine. But I will try to posting there again.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to EQDKP