I Have 2 Slight Problems

Dragonfly integration forum

I Have 2 Slight Problems

Postby Hardball » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 am

I am in the works of designing my new DragonFly WoW website and I am currently using the wsg_WoWTBC layout. Now I installed ForumsPro as it was highly recommended. It is working and working well however the forum images are using the default themed images wheras my old forums the DragonFly default forums used actual WoW Themed images for new Topics, locked threads etc. I just wanted to know how that could be fixed.

My second problem is another odd one. I was trying to make custom blocks for recruitments, calanders, donations, etc. However I come to relize something. None of my block appear on the Right side of the screen. They appear on the Left, Center Up, Center Down, but when I got to move the block to the Right it never shows up. Yes it is set visible to all, yes it is activated but yet it never appears it just seems as if there was nothing there in the first place. Now I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have seen other guild sites using the theme i am using but they have blocks on both sides. Anyone know what the problem is? :cry:
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

I Have 2 Slight Problems

Postby Tcheekin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:05 am

wsg_WoWTBC does NOT have support for ForumsPro for free. The Free version only supports the normal forums. If you want ForumsPro support for the theme, you'll need to purchase it from the author.

As for the second issue, this is quite a common question but I rarely see it answered in a step by step method ... I usually just see "Set the Module to Both" so here you go because I went through a lot of frustration figuring it out :)

Step 1: Go into Admin - Block and make sure that the Block is set ACTIVE and on the Right side.
Step 2: Go into Admin - Modules and set ALL modules to BOTH under the "Blocks" column. This can be done by editing each module.

Refresh :)

Many claim you only need to set the one module to BOTH but this was NOT the case for me despite two completely clean reinstalls. So just do them all ... it won't hurt and then you can be sure. Good luck.
Daffy Blokes - Spreading unseriousnessness since Closed Beta :)

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Fear the Bunny - www.Daffyblokes.net
Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

I Have 2 Slight Problems

Postby Hardball » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:23 am

Wow lol. I dont believe it was that easy lol. Thank you so much. I now fixed it lol. Now as for the fourms thing where can I buy it from?

Now one other question is this. I now have the forums pro. So that measn that my apllications can be posted to them. So how do I go about setting that up?

And thank you SO much for the help with the blocks lol. Now that I look how simple it is I laugh at myself.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

I Have 2 Slight Problems

Postby Tcheekin » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:42 am

http://dragonfly.wsgdesigns.com/

This is rlguru's website (member here - he posts a lot - good designer) and you will find both the free and purchasing versions there.

Don't beat yourself on that last one ... if you search this and the forums over at http://dragonflycms.org/ main site, you'll see a LOT of people have the same issue but no one seems to answer it completely ... just quick quips of "oh yeah, just make sure all blocks are set to BOTH" which really doesn't say much :) So pass the word!!!

Sorry I can't help on Forums Pro ... I only have the default forums running since its more then adequate for what our small guild requires (and keeps to the nice theme look). But the community over at Dragonfly CMS is really helpful ... register, search and post.

EDIT: Sentence structure
Last edited by Tcheekin on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

I Have 2 Slight Problems

Postby Hardball » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:58 am

Thanks for all the help. Hey i took a look at your site and noticed you actaully posted items and they came up when you hovered your mouse over them and you also had a search block thaat linked rite to WoWHead? Is that an addon or a feature? How did you set that up and is it possible with Thottbot? Sorry for all the questions but this is really nice becasue i am actually learning how to make these things better and better.
Last edited by Hardball on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

I Have 2 Slight Problems

Postby Tcheekin » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:23 pm

The mouse over item "thing" is actually a "mod" called ItemStats and you can download it here, in the downloads section (http://www.wowroster.net/Downloads/details/id=72.html). Definitely read the setup because you will need to do a small alteration to your header.php code for the theme (in your case wsg's) but its fairly easy to get working.

As for the Wowhead block, that's a simple script from Wowhead's site that you can simply convert into a block in the admin / block section of your Dragonfly console. I believe Thott may have something similar ... I have Wowhead's because of the linking directly to their most popular talent spec tool. You can also integrate the talent spec tool directly into your website via a wrap like setup ... see http://www.daffyblokes.net/index.php?name=WowTalent for a look.

Ive worked with a dozen CMS packages over the last ten years because I'm really not much of a code monkey - I deal with the network side of things for a living - so I don't write my own ... but DF CPG has been one of the more enjoyable ones I have worked with in sometime. I suggest (if you haven't) you register at their (The DF CPG Team's) site and get involved with the community there as well. Between DF CPG And Wowroster, you can really develop out a wonderfully entertaining WoW Guild website that doesn't take half your life to maintain.

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: I Have 2 Slight Problems

Postby Hardball » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:36 am

Thanks and I think I will look into that. I am not a coder either. Actually this is my first website I ever really made. www.TTK-Guild.com and I know nothing about code or anything at all. Lol that is why I came to this site. All the other sites never seem to answer my question or anything lol. This site has a great community and I have learned alot from this site. And I really want to learn more. And I will try to include those mods you just said.
Hardball
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to Dragonfly