[FIXED] UniAdmin default from JNLP file has no effect.

Support and feedback for NetherPanel
AKA java UniUploader

Postby rodrick » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:44 pm

I have downloaded the jnlp file to my webhost and setup the .htaccess file for the mimetype issue. The app loads properly (at least on the two windows machines I have in front of me) but it does not want to synch the settings from the uniadmin setup I have declared in the jnlp file.

Note: When I manually enter in the uniadmin url and then hit the synch button . . . from then on all is well with this particular machine. This is just one step I was hoping to save the guild.

link to the jnlp file: http://guild.requiemtech.com/jUniUploader.jnlp
Last edited by rodrick on Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
rodrick
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

jnlp file question

Postby lhunath » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:49 am

Yeah.. For some reason it's not taking the setting from the JNLP file anymore as default. I'm not sure why. I will investigate further when I have time.

Unfortunately - and that's also why it's taken me so long to reply to your question, sorry about that! - I'm currently going from place to place looking for a job and doing interviews.

Feel free to share any other problems or information, though!
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

[OPEN] UniAdmin default from JNLP file has no effect.

Postby lhunath » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:02 am

Alright; I discovered the reason for the problem experienced by people that customized the JNLP file to have it automatically fill in their UniAdmin upload site.

Here's what everybody who has a customized JNLP file SHOULD DO:

There is a line in the JNLP file that reads like this:
Code: Select all
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://lhunath.lyndir.com/jUniUploader" href="jUniUploader.jnlp">

You need to modify this line to become something like this:
Code: Select all
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://lhunath.lyndir.com/jUniUploader" href="http://WWW.YOUR-GUILD.COM/jUniUploader.jnlp">

Basically; that "href=" part needs to contain the URL that your JNLP file can be found at. The URL that you would type in your browser to open the JNLP file.

The reason is that if you don't mention this URL explicitly; Java will not read any more of your JNLP file and fetch the JNLP file from the jUniUploader homepage; which is the example JNLP file and which does NOT contain your uniadmin URL (obviously).

Once more; change the "href=" part in your customized JNLP file to point to the web location that you put your customized JNLP file.

This is NOT necessary if you did not customize the JNLP file (for example, you can specify a uniadmin URL in there and a default theme).

If any of this is unclear to you; do not hesitate to ask; but try to read this explenation once more first.

I appologize for this bug and the long wait I put you through. I haven't been involved in jUniUploader since some time. (I'm actively looking for employment).
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"
-- Zaphod Beeblebrox

= NetherPanel: home - launch - tickets =
lhunath
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Postby rodrick » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:18 pm

Thank you for the reply, I should have been able to figure that one out on my own. <feels dumb today, though should be used to the feeling> Seriously thanks for the fully explained answer.
rodrick
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to NetherPanel