VentStatus

Provides Ventrilo status information.

Moderator: Rabbitbunny

VentStatus

Postby Rabbitbunny » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:03 am

Name: VentStatus
Description: Provides Ventrilo status information with an admin page.

This addon provides:
-"Click to connect" link for easy propagation
-Admin page to easily choose:
Admin Password
Path to ventrilo_status
Detail Mode
Remote Host
Port
Status Password
-Four Ventrilo information tables preconfigured for ease of use
-German, French and Spanish localization

Download
Last edited by Rabbitbunny on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rabbitbunny
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: VentStatus

Postby Rabbitbunny » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 pm

Changes:
-admin password now stored in db
-admin password now changable via admin login
-prettied up display tables
-localization added by babelfish

Got suggestions for features?

Download
Last edited by Rabbitbunny on Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rabbitbunny
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

VentStatus

Postby Tcheekin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:17 am

Does this need to directly run on the Ventrilo server? Or can it be used to query Vent servers on different machines? For the life of me I cannot figure out currently where / how it would work remotely ... being I'm not a coder, confusing me isn't too difficult :)
Daffy Blokes - Spreading unseriousnessness since Closed Beta :)

Dark Iron - Horde
Kilrogg - Horde
Dragonmaw US - Alliance

Fear the Bunny - www.Daffyblokes.net
Tcheekin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Rabbitbunny » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 am

It can be on a machine other than the actual vent server. The only dependancy above WoWRoster is the ability to run ventrilo_status

Inside the addon you'll find a file named ventriloreadme.txt which offers some suggestions.
Last edited by Rabbitbunny on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbitbunny
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

VentStatus

Postby MattM » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:06 am

cool addon!
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

VentStatus

Postby Anaxent » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:14 am

"Got suggestions for features?"
maybe a link to a demo page
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

VentStatus

Postby Jasun » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:48 am

did it mention somewhere that the default install password for the admin section is actually "password" if it did i must have missed it..
Jasun
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Realm: Dragonmaw (PvP) - US

Postby jstevenson72 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:04 pm

Ok, I'm sure this is my messed up webserver problem... but...

When I click on the VentStatus addon button I get the following error:
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I found the password in the db, and I can manually bring up the what appears to be a login prompt by adding the &action=admin but after typing "password" and clicking submit the screen refreshes and does nothing (I'm certain because I tinkered to get here in the first place)

I had previously had another Vent Status script running successfully, so it shouldn't be a permissions problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
jstevenson72
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Rabbitbunny » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:14 pm

[quote=Jasun]did it mention somewhere that the default install password for the admin section is actually "password" if it did i must have missed it.. [/quote]
Hmm, that would be a useful addition to the documentation.

jstevenson72, Can you pm me the source the page creates when you loa it? That would help me debug it. A lot actually...
Rabbitbunny
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

VentStatus

Postby Anaxent » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:40 pm

The error generally is due to either a blank/empty line either before or after the open/close tags of php.

check your code and make there there are no blank/empty lines
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Aluriel » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:02 am

Ok, su I've installed ventstatus into the roster addons, but I'm getting errors all over the place when I access the page as if the app never setup the databases.

Code: Select all
Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 44

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 48

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 52

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 56

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 60

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 64

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 68

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 72

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 76

Notice: Use of undefined constant ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG - assumed 'ROSTER_ADDON_VENTSTATUS_CONFIG' in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/status.php on line 80

I also get an error in the info box as well:
Notice: Undefined property: CVentriloStatus::$m_auth in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/ventriloinfo_ex1.php on line 78

And this too:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/.mundan/mjohnso/fallensaintsguild.com/roster/addons/ventstatus/ventrilodisplay_ex1.php on line 20   

CVentriloStatus->Request() failed. PHP Unable to start external status process.

Am I missing something somewhere? I mean is there some sort of secondary installation or setup in order for this to work properly?
Last edited by Aluriel on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aluriel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

VentStatus

Postby MattM » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:05 am

added a sticky for PHP Unable to start external status process., I hope you don't mind Rabbitbunny :)
MattM
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to VentStatus