MultiMod upload and AutoUpdate

Support and feedback for UniAdmin

MultiMod upload and AutoUpdate

Postby yahooadam » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:13 am

Is it possible to upload, for example all the mods from my wow folder, in a single zip file ?
Because zipping each individual mod really really sucks (oh and often mods are made of 3-4 folders)

Is it also possible to get some kind of notice as to when a mod is out of date ? (at the very least)
And what i would really love, is a button to just auto-update all the mods that are out of date

One last thing, why is the WoWACE database so naff, i doesn't seem to have any of my mods in it
eg. Atlas, CTMod, auctionner as a small selection

Yahooadam
yahooadam
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: MultiMod upload and AutoUpdate

Postby zanix » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:33 pm

yahooadam wrote:Is it possible to upload, for example all the mods from my wow folder, in a single zip file ?

Because zipping each individual mod really really sucks (oh and often mods are made of 3-4 folders)

It is possible, but the addon parser in UA will not get the data correctly and it will only show as one addon in UA.

yahooadam wrote:Is it also possible to get some kind of notice as to when a mod is out of date ? (at the very least)

What do you mean by this? A notice in UU?
I'm guessing you mean WoWAce addons
Look at the next answer for this answer

yahooadam wrote:And what i would really love, is a button to just auto-update all the mods that are out of date

By his I assume you mean WoWAce mods
I'm working on it, but Roster 1.8 is taking a priority right now

yahooadam wrote:One last thing, why is the WoWACE database so naff, i doesn't seem to have any of my mods in it
eg. Atlas, CTMod, auctionner as a small selection

I don't understand what you mean here
"naff" what is that?
WoWAce only stores ace'ed mods, CTMod, auctioneer, Atlas, etc are not ace'ed mods
I am considering adding other wow addon sites, such as ui.worldofwar.net, and curse, but they do not offer a simple API to get an addon list
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Re: MultiMod upload and AutoUpdate

Postby yahooadam » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 pm

zanix wrote:It is possible, but the addon parser in UA will not get the data correctly and it will only show as one addon in UA.

Agh, is there any way to do it quickly then ?
Is it not possible for the mod to open the zip file, see there are for example 4 folders in it, scan the 4 folders then zip them and store them ?

What do you mean by this? A notice in UU?

No in UA next to the mod name, a piece of green text saying "Up to Date" or red text saying "Out of Date"

By his I assume you mean WoWAce mods

Well all mods would be nice, but that would require knowing about them, so for the moment it would only work with WoWAce, but if you get other mod sites working, then all mods could work

"naff" what is that?
WoWAce only stores ace'ed mods, CTMod, auctioneer, Atlas, etc are not ace'ed mods

Naff = bad, not good
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=naff
"British slang, describes something that is stupid, lame or unpalatable."
"Of poor quality - in particular, tacky or obvious in some way."

I am considering adding other wow addon sites, such as ui.worldofwar.net, and curse, but they do not offer a simple API to get an addon list

That would be sweet :)
Last edited by yahooadam on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yahooadam
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to UniAdmin