Guild History

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Guild History

Postby freshmeat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:56 pm

Is there a way with WoW Roster to display the guild history publicly of when characters are added and deleted from WoW Roster? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild History

Postby AnthonyB » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:14 pm

Hmmm... technically, yes it would be possible I guess.

We do highlight with each upload the new characters added and the ones removed so I guess it would be possible to actually store that information as a Guild "change log"....

Would you expect this change log to be visible to everyone of linked from the Roster Config section as an admin type log (and why)?
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: Guild History

Postby Rihlsul » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:35 pm

Our guild has a policy on limited # of re-invites... Having a roster driven log would make it a simpler check to see who's been in and out of the guild over our history. Hope that helps on a 'why'.

I would personally want this tucked behind the login veil, but I could see others being ok with this public.
Rihlsul,
Guild Leader of The Dirty Hordes
Rihlsul
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby freshmeat » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:51 am

AnthonyB wrote:Hmmm... technically, yes it would be possible I guess.

We do highlight with each upload the new characters added and the ones removed so I guess it would be possible to actually store that information as a Guild "change log"....

Would you expect this change log to be visible to everyone of linked from the Roster Config section as an admin type log (and why)?

I think for us it wouldn't matter who has visibility to it. What is most important is we have an easy way to track the incomings and outgoings of characters in our guild. Our guild is part of a larger gaming organization, and our Orginizational leaders keep track of who comes and goes on their own little roster. Having a visible history would help us reconcile these changes alot easier. Otherwise, I have to comb through the in game guild gui to figure out who is new, and who left - then match it up with WoW Roster to ensure it is displaying the same information. I know RPGOutfitter has this feature, and it would be nice to have in WoW Roster.

Thanks!
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby highlow » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:54 pm

I agree this would be great.

I've been keeping a dual roster on site and at rpgoutfitter just for the history info stored there.
highlow
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild History

Postby Grektar » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:31 pm

A history for guild joins/leaves would be wonderful!
Grektar
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild History

Postby AnthonyB » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:06 pm

Ah crap... why did this have to be so popular... you just created more work for us! ;)
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Guild History

Postby nightfighter » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:07 am

Have you guys checked Warcraft Census? There are a lot of people who upload character information there and if you search for someone there you can more then likely see all the guilds they were in and the fact that they were in yours and then someone elses and back. Can't be sure you will always find what you want, but it could be helpful.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby werds » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:34 am

freshmeat wrote:
AnthonyB wrote:Hmmm... technically, yes it would be possible I guess.

I think for us it wouldn't matter who has visibility to it. What is most important is we have an easy way to track the incomings and outgoings of characters in our guild. Our guild is part of a larger gaming organization, and our Orginizational leaders keep track of who comes and goes on their own little roster. Having a visible history would help us reconcile these changes alot easier. Otherwise, I have to comb through the in game guild gui to figure out who is new, and who left - then match it up with WoW Roster to ensure it is displaying the same information. I know RPGOutfitter has this feature, and it would be nice to have in WoW Roster.

Thanks!

This would be a nice feature to have, SPECIFICALLY the Incoming! As it goes now, each time i update the roster i use this to track whom left within the time period from the LAST update, but a log or page that is admin protected (password), or veiled would be great! as it has always been a question as to when someone has joined or when specifically someone has left.
werds
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild History

Postby Eurynome » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:40 pm

Currently, only I update the roster, because I like to be able to track who comes in and who leaves.

If there was a log of who left and who joined, I'd be able to let one of my other officers take over. That would be MOST excellent.

edit: Also, I think the option to make it public or private (admin only) would be a big benefit.
Last edited by Eurynome on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eurynome
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby freshmeat » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:27 am

AnthonyB wrote:Ah crap... why did this have to be so popular... you just created more work for us! ;)

Well I do hope this will be easy to develop. Thank you for considering this suggestion. I look forward to seeing the results :)

FM
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Guild History

Postby AnthonyB » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:47 pm

Well, looks like someone has come to the rescue.

Check this out and see if it fits your needs - http://wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=525.html
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Averen » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:52 pm

Cheers AnthonyB, I was meant to post here but I forgot to... xD
Averen
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Guild History

Postby freshmeat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:24 am

Thank you so much guys for working on this Addon!!! This is exactly what we are looking for :)

freshmeat
www.mrjinca.com/wowroster/
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback