Alt Monitor Default Page?

Scans for, and displays main/alt relations in your Guild

Moderator: PleegWat

Postby freshmeat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:00 pm

How do I make Alt Monitor the default page anytime somone comes to visit my WoW Roster?
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:51 pm

The easiest way of doing this is simply pointing to AltMonitor as the default url.
(addons.php?roster_addon_name=AltMonitor)

An alternative would be to replace membersList.php by altlist.php, and adding into the top:

include('addons/AltMonitor/conf.php');
include('addons/AltMonitor/localization.php');

This should work, but I can't guarantee it. You should also delete the config link in the bottom.
Last edited by PleegWat on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Alt Monitor Default Page?

Postby freshmeat » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:56 am

PleegWat wrote:An alternative would be to replace membersList.php by altlist.php

Do you mean to copy the contents of altlist.php into membersList.php, then adding the includes?
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Rihlsul » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:04 am

With how clean my alt monitor has gotten, I'm thinking I'm going to point my links to that by default as well.

Minesorts by rank, then name... looks very clean to read.

Thanks for the idea!
Last edited by Rihlsul on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rihlsul,
Guild Leader of The Dirty Hordes
Rihlsul
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby PleegWat » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:05 pm

freshmeat wrote:
PleegWat wrote:An alternative would be to replace membersList.php by altlist.php

Do you mean to copy the contents of altlist.php into membersList.php, then adding the includes?

Yes. Replace the contents of membersList.php by those of altList.php, then add the includes to the top of the new membersList.php
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby freshmeat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:30 am

PleegWat wrote:
freshmeat wrote:

Yes. Replace the contents of membersList.php by those of altList.php, then add the includes to the top of the new membersList.php

Ok I did what you suggested, but I am receiving the following Warnings at the top of my page:

Code: Select all
Warning: main(addons/altmonitor/localization.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mrjincac/public_html/wowroster/memberslist.php on line 15

Warning: main(addons/altmonitor/localization.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mrjincac/public_html/wowroster/memberslist.php on line 15

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'addons/altmonitor/localization.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mrjincac/public_html/wowroster/memberslist.php on line 15
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:38 pm

You're probably also missing some localization items then (some of the headers, the AM config link). Directory names are case sensitive, you need to type AltMonitor for the dirname, not altmonitor.

I just noticed I did this wrong myself in my post. I'll correct it right away.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Adariel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 pm

PleegWat - that works perfectly - thanks SO much.

Something else I did was to keep the original memberslist.php file, and just renamed it as memberslist.php~. That way if something got messed up, I still had the original right there on the server.
Adariel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Adariel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:55 pm

ack ... spoke too soon.

I have one small issue and I'm just not sure where to look to find it.

When I replaced memberslist.php with altlist.php, it worked fine until I edited the header and footer files to place my site wrapper around the roster. Now I get an SQL error on the primary index page.

Note that this does NOT happen when I use the regular AltMonitor addon link - this leads me to think it's something that is missing between the addon index page and the primary roster index page.

SQL error is for line 220 (error printout says 266, which is a comment) in (originally) altlist.php, where the LEFT JOIN for the Alt Table is located. According to the error printout, it seems that instead of grabbing the roster database, it's trying to grab my forum database, and therefore can't find the correct table.

help? :)

edit: I guess a link would help: www.raven-flight.com/roster
Last edited by Adariel on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adariel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:51 pm

It does indeed seem to be using the wrong table name there. The table name is stored in a defined constant (ROSTER_ALT_TABLE) in AltMonitor's conf.php.

define('ROSTER_ALT_TABLE',$GLOBALS['db_prefix'].'addon_altmonitor'); 

It's calling $db_prefix from globals there cause otherwise it doesn't work when it's doing update triggers.

My guess is that your forum software also uses the $db_prefix variable. The easiest solution would probably be changing that line and replacing
$GLOBALS['db_prefix'
by
'roster_' 
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby Adariel » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks ... I figured it was something easy like that but wasn't sure where to find the code and hate messing things up.

Now that the primary index page is working, I've noticed that a Main's alt tree doesn't work except when I use the Open All / Close All buttons. The + or - next to a Main just reloads the page. Again, the regular AltMonitor page works fine.

If it's too much trouble, let me know and I'll stop being a pest. The addon itself isn't broken ... it's just my integration into an extra application ... and I don't want to irritate the author of a great addon :)
Adariel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:32 pm

It's not loading the javascript for that correctly.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby freshmeat » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 pm

Is there a way PleegWat can make it an option for his Mod to be the main page, and then design something in his code that automatically makes this happen if that option is selected. I have tried what he has suggested in the manual effort, but I have yet to have much success.

Thanks...
FM
freshmeat
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Manamana » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:04 am

This would rock

In addition having primary/secondary/thirtiary sorting option ;)
Manamana
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:43 pm

I had this in in the beginning, but I dropped it because it was too much work to keep it working. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with just linking to a different startpage.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Next

Return to AltMonitor