One player, one site, two rosters, two guilds.

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

Postby Yavin » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:16 pm

HI Guys.

I run two guilds, I have two rosters setup on my guild site, and both use their own setup files and sql.

I use character and guild profiler as normal, but.

The first guild in the file is taken as default to be the one your updating.

let me explain, I added or scanned my main's guild first. all its info went into the file lua first. and I went and uploaded it, roster1 took the info and bingo a guild roster was born.

Now, I then login my alt, and gather all of its information.

Now when I goto post, I get an error telling me player or guild not found and its looking for my mains guild, and not my alts. so the second guild scanned is not being looked at and the roster is just grabbing the first, which is always going to be which ever guild you happen to scan into your lua first.

PLS help.
Yavin
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ThePrimaryDave » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:48 pm

Are you sure the file you're uploading has the other guild info in it? I know (and it looks like you know) that it only holds one guild/realm at one time, but I haven't looked at the code to know when it dumps the old one and replaces the info with the new one.
ThePrimaryDave
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby seleleth » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:52 pm

I always logon to WoW as a character in guild 1. Go to the guild screen and Save. EXIT WoW. Upload guild 1. Then repeat with guild 2.
seleleth
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Mathos » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:17 am

I have never had this behaviour, not in 1.6, not in 1.7.
Though I use UniUploader with an extra URL. The password needs to be the same though, to be able to use UniUploader.
Mathos
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: One player, one site, two rosters, two guilds.

Postby NurMut » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:54 pm

hmm, are you using seperate databases or even another tableprefix for the second roster?

CharacterProfiler is only able to save the information of one guild or am I wrong on that? Perhaps you should try to purge the information in CharacterProfiler.lua first.

Greetings NurMut
NurMut
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby seleleth » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:52 am

Yeah, you're right NurMut. The GuildProfiler AddOn has only ever been capable of saving one guild at a time. I'm not sure what Mathos is talking about.

CharacterProfiler is able to save multiple CHARACTERS from different guilds at the same time, but that's different. Maybe that's what he's referring to.
seleleth
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Return to General Chat