Linking Motd.php to non roster pages

Here you can find plenty of help with your general coding needs and projects
If it is about a specific program, use the corresponding forum
DO NOT ask basic questions such as "How do I print a variable", use Google for that

Postby paaco » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:00 pm

With 1.7.3 I had Motd.php shown in an Iframe on my Vbulletin forum. With the new beta it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting it going again?

Hopefully I am allowed to ask a question about the beta version of roster that was just released. If not I apologize. Good work btw devs, was an easy install and the new look is fantastic. Can see the error it is throwing at http://www.knocturnalknights.com
Last edited by paaco on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paaco
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:22 pm

I think the image version of the MOTD was dropped completely for 2.0. If it's still there, it should still be motd.php in the roster root dir. I think getting the text version running in an external page will be problematic.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Re: Linking Motd.php to non roster pages

Postby paaco » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:44 pm

The Image version of the motd works fine on the roster itself. http://www.knocturnalknights.com/roster

It seems to hate being linked to the forums now though. Will fiddle with it a little and if I get it working correctly again will post what needs to be done in case others like the idea of linking it to your forum.

Thanks for the quick reply Pleeg
paaco
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Linking Motd.php to non roster pages

Postby paaco » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:34 am

Still can't get it going, the new roster definately hates linking the GMoTD....I still Love it though, it looks so nice :)
paaco
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Code Help