SVN [1228] Wordpress Frame Intergration - BETA

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby DaarianneDarkmoon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:31 pm

Yeah, I know, its a bit early for that, but since I am eager to use the new Roster, I was playing around how to integrate it into my Main-Page...

At the Moment I am using WordPress 2.2, phpBB3 and the fork WP-United to combine them.
I am using one of Odinnek's Themes for WP and one I am working on with Wizadry for phpBB to make it look alike...

Now what I wanted to do is a simple integration of the roster in my WP-Theme. So that header and footer stay the same and the overall look of the site is preserved...

First make a new file, called roster.php and add the following into the empty file:
Code: Select all
<?php
/*
Template Name: Roster
*/
?><?php get_header(); ?>
  <P ALIGN=center><IFRAME SRC="http://YOURLINKTOYOURROSTER" WIDTH=760 HEIGHT=2800 FRAMEBORDER=0></IFRAME></P>
  <?php // include (TEMPLATEPATH . "/searchform.php"); ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

copy that file into your wordpress theme folder, usually found at /WPFOLDER/wp-content/themes/THEMENAME/

The WIDTH depends on your style of course, in my case this is the best width to integrate it into the theme. Note, that there is no sidebar. If you want that too, you have to replace
 <?php get_footer(); ?>
with
<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_footer(); ?>

Just make sure you correct the width again...

Then you go into your wordpress ACP, write a page, name it (eg Guildroster) and select Roster from the template dropdown menu on the right.
Publish it.
Preview the page and copy the link.

Now it depends on how you are using your sidebar.
You can use widgets, use the page link itself...

Since I am using WP-United, which handles session and login for both, phpBB and WP, I like to add a link, so that only logged in users can see it. A simple way to make the roster invisible to guests... (if you are using phpBB3, WP and WP-United you can do the same)

In my case I added the following lines into my sidebar.php:
<?php
$rosterding = <<<END<li>
   <a href="http://www.rpg-community.com/forum/blog.php/?page_id=42"
   class="home"><h2>Roster</h2>
   </a>
</li>
END;
$usrName = get_wpu_phpbb_username();
if ( $usrName == 'Guest' ) {}
else {
   echo $rosterding;
}
?>

But a simple Link might do, or maybe you are using a widget for it. Thats completely up to you...

I hope this might help some folks.

Here is a demo:
Mainpage - note that you don't see the link to my roster...
Forum - just for optical reference
Embedded Roster

As you might notice, My buttons are a bit smaller then usual. You can change them in the style.css acordingly, to fit your needs.
I also edited the header to remove the header-image. The only thing I did not manage yet is to make the background visible behinde the roster part, but that also is a different matter, i will work out.

Thanks for the attention.
Last edited by DaarianneDarkmoon on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DaarianneDarkmoon
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby DaarianneDarkmoon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:33 pm

Once Roster2 goes gold, this might be moved to the Integration-Forum. I will then edit the topic name apropriatly.

If the admins think it should be moved allready, i will change the topic name right away ;)

This post can/will be deleted, once the thread has been moved
DaarianneDarkmoon
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:40 pm

This should probably stay here till roster2 goes final.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to Archived