A Differant Updating Guild Problem,

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Knightkittens » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:21 pm

We had someone upload a old Guildprofile by mistake and uploaded Characters no longer with guild, Now when we update the Guild it will update the members in the guild but will not remove those old members,

Yes if a member leaves now it will remove that member but not the old outdated ones.

any Ideas.
Knightkittens
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ds » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:30 am

Same problem here. Seems like 'roster_members.update_time' gets touched with a new date, thus wont be removed. However the odd thing is that the user name is not in the .lua file when uploaded. Going though to find out why this happens.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby ds » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:50 am

Ok, so I did a little digging and found the problem. The delete member code in the roster is fine. Basically it will delete the guild member if the "update_time" is less then the "DateExtracted" captured with the guild profiler addon. This is all well and good, unless one of your officers has the incorrect time set on thier computer. When he uploaded his profile he marked everyone in the member list in the future. (in my case everyone is marked 4 hours in the future). So when people try to update the roster with the correct time they aren't flagged as non members because they arn't "less then" then the current DateExtracted time.

This *could* be quite bad if an officer went the other way... then It would mark real members and deletes and remove valid members.

I really don't have good soltion to this issue, besides telling your officers to make sure their time is correct.
Last edited by ds on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby ThePrimaryDave » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:39 am

Does the time zone matter? I would think that it should be using UTC for everything right up until it's displayed to the user, but if it's using local time for any calculations, that might cause a problem. (Especially if, at some point, local time is being compared with utc.)
ThePrimaryDave
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: A Differant Updating Guild Problem,

Postby ds » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:41 am

I was thinking the same thing. I need to look at the time functions more closely. (I was doing this debugging on my lunch hour) I'll look at it more when I get home, unless someone already knows the answer. :)
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby ds » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:10 am

Hmmm.

So I cannot for the life of me figure out (besides an officer editing the .lua file) how the dates got 4 hours ahead. After looking at the code it uses Hour and Minute passed from the Guild Profiler addon. GP gets that data by calling GetGameTime(); This function returns the WOW Server Time Hour and Minute. The Roster just takes the hour and minute and adds todays date.

I know it was 4 hours ahead because I looked inside the database to see the vaules. *ponders*

Any idea how this could have happened? Some sort of blizzard bug reporting the wrong time?

/shrugs
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Return to General Support & Feedback