Roster 2.0 and DF

Dragonfly integration forum

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Equisetum » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 am

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but will the beta of Roster 2.0 be usable for DF? Or should I just sit back and wait until the final is out?

I've seen a beta roster version and have to buy a new keyboard now due to the drool.

Thanks!!!

~Eq
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Kelv » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:33 am

The new DF1.8 (2.0), is it going to have the same DB structure as the standalone beta?
specifically the 'roster_players' table... 'cos there is some handy info stored there that I would like to be able to use in a DF module I'm knocking together.
Kelv
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Anaxent » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:47 am

Well I knew someone was going to bring this up sooner or later. So Roster 2.0 beta is only a standalone right now but soon after Roster 2.0 goes live I will have a ported version for DF. Now for the structure tbh most will stay the same the only real difference is the db prefix of your df install. Since roster has been redesigned in so many ways the devs thought they would also make things easier for others to port into there own applications like dragonfly. with that in mind all I really have to change is header/footer lib/cmslink.lib.php and build a new db connection file for df along with the df installer after they have been completed Df should be able to handle the new roster. All addons should also work out of the box when it is complete. I can see many new blocks/modules even that can use this new version of Roster when done but I would ask that all coders first try and build addons for roster before working on df.
Last edited by Anaxent on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Equisetum » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:56 am

You rock Anaxent. Thanks so much for your hard work in porting this over.

I'll sit tight and just wathc this topic until the port comes out.

Thanks again!

~Eq
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Anaxent » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:41 am

And just because im not sure many people have seen this yet so ill post it here too for ya. I have been working on a new theme to compliment Roster 2.0 DF version check it out here
http://secret-order.us/df
This theme now validates for valid css and xhtml
I have added style switching which allows new css styles to be applied on the fly ( im cleaning up the colors to give a better match to Roster 2.0)
I have added lighthouse 2 effects to bbcode which can be seen by clicking on the image in the news.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Equisetum » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:05 am

Very nice theme! I look forward to the final project. :)
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Kelv » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:18 am

Look nice, is the toggle for blocks not working a result of trying not to use tables? (tried in both FF and IE) or just something you haven't got round to yet?

Love the image viewer, nice touch.
Yeah, kinda thought you would wait for full release before porting, the new plugin system looks like a headache waiting to happen, damn I'll just have to learn to code :p
Kelv
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Mokane » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:22 am

Looks good Anaxent. I've been looking for the light house 2 effects so I can download them. Would you happen to have a download like to share?

Thanks a bunch!
Mokane
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby ThunderPally » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:43 am

Happy new year!

I was running a roster beta site under postnuke and have recently converted the site to DragonflyCMS. at first, I loaded up the WowRosterDF(1.7.x) and while it worked fine, I received several comments from guild members asking what happened to the other version of Wow Roster and when they would get it back.

As of now, I have the Roster beta loading within an Iframe (I know, bad security). but I’m still looking to tweak it up so that I don’t lose my DFCMS Left navigation. cutting to the chase. :) I would be very interested in testing a beta version or hand built Roster beta that has been ported over to works within DragonflyCMS.
ThunderPally
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Anaxent » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:49 am

I have not been coding as much as I would like, but I would still like to say that Roster 2.0 beta for DF is almost in a full functioning state. I only really had to edit 4 maybe 5 files, but to really get it ported I need to build the df installer which has not been started yet. I will try to make a bit more time with in the next few days/weeks to get some coding done which then I would be able to produce a beta for you guys to try out.
Anaxent
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby Equisetum » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:07 am

Woot! U rock! Thanks so much for putting your time and effort into this. It is MUCH appreciated!
Equisetum
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby MasterMorph » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:54 pm

+1 to help Beta test this. I am working to rebuild my guild's existing site onto Dragonfly and Roster (partly due to integration, partly due to better security and maintenance of both)

I am actively testing quite a bit for both DF 9.2RC2 and Roster 2.0, as these tools help build some of the things I've been most asked for, so I'd love to help on this project.
MasterMorph
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby absentone » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:08 am

Ill help out beta this one.

On my guild site im running a df173 but the 2.0 is much more fun so I just link off to the stand alone.

Great work on these guys! thanks.
absentone
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby JackD » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:47 am

Will Roster 2.0 support Dragonfly 9.2.0.RC2, or only the 9.1.x version?
JackD
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Roster 2.0 and DF

Postby zanix » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:58 am

I don't see why it couldn't support both
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Next

Return to Dragonfly