Difrent equibment of one character?

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby Phreak2k3 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:30 pm

Hi there,

I installed and configed my wowroster and it works very well. I had no bugs, problems ore anything else. :thumleft:

Now I have a question. Some of my guild have difrent equpments. Like Off-Tank, Def-Tank, Fireresistence... is it possible to show more than one equibment?

Many thanks for help

GreeTz fro Germany
Phreak2k3
Phreak2k3
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby AnthonyB » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:48 pm

Not sure I understand what you are asking... can you be a little more descriptive?
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Re: Difrent equibment of one character?

Postby Tassy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:41 pm

I understand the question and have the same one actually. My guild requires a specific amount of FR gear for Rag fights and such. Is it possible to upload more than one character gear set-up. Like on the character stats page where you show stats and what is equipped. Is it possible to track more than one gear set-up of equipped items?
Tassy
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Phreak2k3 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:54 pm

Sure, thanks for help:

For example:
A warrior uploaded his Charakter with a full pvp-set.

If I click to his page, I will see him in this pvp-set.

But he have a second set, a PVE-Set and will show it on the same way is it possible?

That a Characte have more then one shown Equipment?
Phreak2k3
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby orloph » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:09 pm

This question was posted many times so far.
Character profiler isn't designed to save more than an equipment (the last when you logoff usually).
A way to create this feature is to build an addon for wowroster that read the cache of a Warcraft Addon like Item Rack or similar.

It couldn't be very hard to build but sure time expensive and needs to discuss about this feature usefullness.

A simple flow chart about its work could be

Addon page->player select form-> list of saved equipment form-> character equip display.

But there are heavy problems:
-Adding another equip addon means doubling ( or more ) the db equip.
-Equipments couldn't be the correspond with bags/bank items if not regularly updated (so the display equip feature needs to check character items of the regular database ).
-Many equipments means many stats to save (I suppose you are interested in that). No Warcraft addon saves stats like Character Profiler and, like I said, it saves only one per character equip/stat.
Last edited by orloph on Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
orloph
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Phreak2k3 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:02 pm

Okay, I will repeat. I kan make it, but there are many problems and the way is very long. okay, thanks for help
Phreak2k3
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby PleegWat » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:02 pm

CharacterProfiler doesn't support this. You could manually check if someone has appropriate gear in his inventory (when shown), and an addon like maxresists can help in these matters.

EDIT: Another possibility would be writing an addon that reads the config file of a outfitting WoWaddon like Wardrobe.
Last edited by PleegWat on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Postby AnthonyB » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:08 pm

as Pleegwat said - the max. Resists Roster addon I think is exactly what you need as it scans all char storage (bags and bank) and totals up the best combo of each resist from all the items.
Roster 2.0.2 svn [latest] latest trunk SVN svn [latest] running on IIS7/Windows Server 2008 SP2 | MySQL 5.0.85 | PHP 5.2.10 | Yes, Roster and PHP rocks on IIS! Even run as FastCGI extension!
AnthonyB
Gimpy Developer
Gimpy Developer

Postby Phreak2k3 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks thats perfect!
Phreak2k3
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Phreak2k3 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:17 pm

sorry repost =(
Last edited by Phreak2k3 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phreak2k3
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Helm » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:06 pm

Hello,
in a matter of fact it is not the "real" solution even if it is a big Help.
Why?

The Resistance doesnt works in the Idea it wud usefull. I.E. in CTprofiles u are able to define your "Gearsets" u are wearing in the Game in different Situations and can watch it under the Pulldown Menu "view alternative Profiles"
WoWroster actually displays in the resistance a request from the textfile like "add all Items that I have in all Bags with Fire Resistance and calculate a result" ... because WoWroster cant know how you are combining your Gearsets. Maybe guildmate xxx likes to try Ragnaros next time in sexy Bikini...WoWroster cant know that.

Easy Example: If BankChar hase 20 Rings in his Backpack with +20FR, for Wowroster this means he can have a maximum of 400FR...regardless that he need the possibility to use all 5 Fingers of his Hands and need to visit Dr. Frankenstein to add 2 additional Hands.

I am sure the coders of this wonderfull project have a lot do to and I dont wanna advertise or guide to somewhere else. If u look for a quick solution to that u can check ctprofiles.net

Helm
http://ctprofiles.net/2575505
Last edited by Helm on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmo: Who else is going to change the world, Marty? Greenpeace?
Helm
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby nightfighter » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:16 pm

Helm, you are almost right. The max.resist addon finds one of each type of item (2 for rings and trinkets). The ones that are chosen are the ones with the highest resist of the type you are looking for. So if you have 5 +20 FR rings, it will only put two of them on you and use those only. The issue is that in some cases you want fire resist and others cold resist and some times you want both. It is possible that you could have two fire resist rings and 2 cold resist rings and only be able to use one or the other but not both, so you might not actually be able to get the max resist on your character because you have mutually exclusive items.
nightfighter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Postby Helm » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:33 am

ahhhhh thx for that, it explains somethign I was just wondering about.
Cosmo: Who else is going to change the world, Marty? Greenpeace?
Helm
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback