Key BC V2 beta 1

Displays Instance keys for TBC

Moderator: titan99

Key BC V2 beta 1

Postby zanix » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:25 pm

Tupsi wrote:hmm changed the collation by hand and now it works. Maybe I created the db with this other collation, cant really remember now, but shouldnt the addon use what roster is already using and not just guess something and hope its correct?
It should be using the same collation
Maybe we can add an installer function that creates tables and automatically sets the collation correctly
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Key BC V2 beta 1

Postby SethDeBlade » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 pm

please make the diaplay sorted by names.
Mysql: 4.1.21
php: 5.2.0
SethDeBlade
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Key BC V2 beta 1

Postby Ignored » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:31 pm

Tupsi wrote:hmm changed the collation by hand and now it works. Maybe I created the db with this other collation, cant really remember now, but shouldnt the addon use what roster is already using and not just guess something and hope its correct?

Can you pls tell me how you fixed this as I am stuck on it.

Thanks
Ignored
Last edited by Ignored on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignored
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Key BC V2 beta 1

Postby Tupsi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:22 pm

Ignored wrote:

Can you pls tell me how you fixed this as I am stuck on it.

Thanks
Ignored

went into phpmyadmin and edited the tables collation setting keybc was complaining about into the one itself added to the db.

I think I created the db with utf8 general, but keyb bc made tables with utf8 unicode.

easiest way would be to dumb the complete db though and just edit the default setting to unicode. I am a db noob really, so I have no clue what the difference between unidcode and general is anyway and way to lazy to google it atm :-)
Tupsi
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby tuigii » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:31 pm

zanix wrote:It should be using the same collation
Maybe we can add an installer function that creates tables and automatically sets the collation correctly

Using the same collation for all 'important' text strings should be handled by a core function, exposed to the add on installer functions.

This is good idea to tackle down all kind of language dependant issues.

Right now, it's as simple as looking it up in the 'source' roster SQL table creation file(s). These must be in the install directory - normally not present anymore in a live working set.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Postby Wyren » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Installed this, and it worked fine first time (the installation that is). Only thing I noticed is that it says one of my characters have 0 rep with Honor Hold, and thus the Heroic mode key is listed with "0" rep and I can't mouseover it.
Wyren
WR.net Journeyman
WR.net Journeyman

Previous

Return to Key BC