New to the wowreader but LIKE it so far!!

Requests, feedback, and general discussion about WoWRoster
DO NOT post topics about WoWRoster AddOns here!

Postby DXduhman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Hello all. New to this mod but I like the way it looks on some websites I have viewed!! I just have some basics questions and any feedback would be much appreciated!!

I see you can download wowroster itself, but do I being the GM have to download the individual stuff as well - character profiler, guild profiler, pvp profiler? Or are they all inclusive when you DL wowroster itself?

Do my guild members all have to DL wowroster as well or just the invidual items listed above?

Also, I know this mod does not do multi-faction things. But, could I still upload the information when my members and myself login to each character? I mean, is the roster able to just put both guilds together on the roster page? Both our guilds are called DX. I wouldn't mind a roster list of DX all together on one page because it would show each class and such. Is this possible to mix like that?

To display the roster on your website, do we just add a link or does this roster automatically get put on your website on a various page?

I like the layout of the whole wowroster that I have seen on some websites, is that the standard way it is displayed? Also, I see some websites have the links and such for guild members to update/upload new character stats and such, does that display automatically with the wowroster display?

I'm just loving the mod and cannot wait to incorporate it into my guild website as this is MUCH easier to keep stats current than myself constantly asking in-game or via emails to my members.

Sorry for all these NOOB questions but just want to benefit fully from this mod as I am falling in love with it...hahahahaha.

Thanks for any help and happy gaming all!!

DXguilds
Last edited by DXduhman on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DXduhman
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby ThePrimaryDave » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:13 pm

Everyone has to download & install the WoW Addon Character profiler. It's available from RPGOutfitter and ui.worldofwar.net (perhaps elsewhere, too). At least one person in the guild (preferably one who is an officer & can see officer notes, but that's not required) has to download and install the WoW Addon Guild Profiler.

Finally, you have to download the standalone web pages that is WoWRoster and 'install' (upload) them somewhere that has php & mysql access (at the very least; some features require more, but they're optional). Then configure WoWRoster and the person with Guild Profiler installed has to upload their data (CharacterProfiler.lua only; GuildProfiler.lua doesn't hold the data you want). After that, all the rest of the guildies can upload their data.

Maybe I need to update the Wiki again to be even more explicit (or find where the most useful info is and link to it).
ThePrimaryDave
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Return to General Support & Feedback