Localization [deDE] svn[1267]

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Re: Localization [deDE] svn[1267]

Postby DerSeppel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:52 pm

to find the right "translation" for the reg_ex, I'd have to know what Information the reg_ex has to find and what which php-function is used to parse the reg_ex (preg_match, preg_match_all,preg_split, ...)

DS ?
DerSeppel
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Re: Localization [deDE] svn[1267]

Postby tuigii » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:45 pm

Well, what about looking at lib/item.php

preg_match : 19 times
preg_match_all : 1 time
ereg : 18 times
eregi : 2 times

About their syntax: as said, go Wiki :wink:
True, I also love this one :
Code: Select all
$tooltip = preg_replace( '/\|c[a-f0-9]{6,8}(.+?)\|r/', '$1', $tooltip );

This one goes way beyond a basic PHP strpos("123456789","34") which returns just a 2.

One can consider the original English enUS locale as the stable and working one. So, mentioned keywords (character sequences) have to translated.
The nasty part: some thing can be said entirely different in German (and I know what I'm talking about, doing the same thing from French to English).

My point of view is that WoW didn't build a special French version of client and its servers. We're all natively 'enUS' in their databases, so all text is translated with rules have a localized version.
Up to all of us to find our own localized character sequences in the tooltip info to do the counting magic, and 'grouping up'.
tuigii
WR.net Master
WR.net Master

Localization [deDE] svn[1267]

Postby SethDeBlade » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:51 am

i had a look at these things. as i only have very low programming knowledge and very limited time i can not and dont want to learn regex now.

i will keep on translating the remaining "official" addons. the changing of the string pattern has to be done by someone else. but i can help with the exact wording etc...
Mysql: 4.1.21
php: 5.2.0
SethDeBlade
WR.net Expert
WR.net Expert

Previous

Return to Archived