svn[1286] Auth levels future plans?

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Postby Koloth » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:27 am

I understand the function of the auth levels as they stand at the moment but I was wondering if the functionality of these auuth levels will be extended at some point.

What I am thinking of is something along the lines of selectively displaying some information on the roster based on the auth level of the client. An example of this would be displaying Officer Notes if the client was logged in as an Officer. Another might be to hide/show the rosterCP button in the utilities pane depending on your auth level.

Obviously to enable this sort of functionality would require some rewriting of the rosterCP interfaces for those components/addons that were affected.

Also, implementing this sort of feature would require an independent login interface.
Koloth
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby zanix » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:54 am

There are currently no plans to extend the auth in Roster 2.0

However, we are working on a re-write of Roster codenamed R2 (this name be changed now since we called this release 2.0) which will include a full user auth system
Read the Forum Rules, the WiKi, and Search before posting!
WoWRoster v2.1 - SigGen v0.3.3.523 - WoWRosterDF
zanix
Admin
Admin
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
UA/UU Developer
UA/UU Developer

Realm: Doomhammer (PvE) - US

Postby PleegWat » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:10 pm

Tying memberslist to the auth system so you need a certain auth level to see certain columns should be possible. However, it would again nearly double the size of it's config (2 config fields per setting instead of 1).
I <3 /bin/bash
PleegWat
WoWRoster.net Dev Team
WoWRoster.net Dev Team

Return to Archived