Problems with itemparser

Posts from previous Beta sessions

Problems with itemparser

Postby poetter » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi,

i'm working on a port of ArmorySync for V2 and i'm having some problems with the itemparser i don't realy understand.

After fetching the infos from eu.wowarmory.com in german lang the parsers not able to recognise lines with "xx Rüstung", "Haltbarkeit: xx / xx" and some other other lines with numbers in it. I debugged the coded an put the same values and preg_matches in a testscript and they are working.

I already uploaded my cp.lua here. If you need my code to reproduce the problem, let me know and i will pm you. Don't want to post such an early release yet.

There are some additional lines coming from the armory that are not beeing parsed yet. Can you add preg_matches for: "Source: xxxx", "Boss: xxx" and "Droprate: xxx"? I could add them to garbage, but found them interesting to have in the tooltip.

One question about gem socketids. The armory does not have theses values. There is a five digit id called createdby, but does not match the ids from cp.lua. Is socketid an unique id? Can i use the createdby id? Can someone explain how the itemid is build? What are the values between the first value, which should be the real itemid and the last one, wich should be the seed. Whats is the seed and what is it needed for?

Any answers or help would be welcome.
Last edited by poetter on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Problems with itemparser

Postby ds » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:50 am

poetter wrote:Hi,

i'm working on a port of ArmorySync for V2 and i'm having some problems with the itemparser i don't realy understand.

After fetching the infos from eu.wowarmory.com in german lang the parsers not able to recognise lines with "xx Rüstung", "Haltbarkeit: xx / xx" and some other other lines with numbers in it. I debugged the coded an put the same values and preg_matches in a testscript and they are working.

I already uploaded my cp.lua here. If you need my code to reproduce the problem, let me know and i will pm you. Don't want to post such an early release yet.

The current version of the Item class does not parse through the armory returned data correctly yet. That is one thing I have been working on this weekend, and I hope to have something finished to start testing by Monday.

poetter wrote:There are some additional lines coming from the armory that are not beeing parsed yet. Can you add preg_matches for: "Source: xxxx", "Boss: xxx" and "Droprate: xxx"? I could add them to garbage, but found them interesting to have in the tooltip.

That is something I have had on my todo list for some time. I should have it working this weekend(ish).

poetter wrote:One question about gem socketids. The armory does not have theses values. There is a five digit id called createdby, but does not match the ids from cp.lua. Is socketid an unique id? Can i use the createdby id? Can someone explain how the itemid is build? What are the values between the first value, which should be the real itemid and the last one, wich should be the seed. Whats is the seed and what is it needed for?
Any answers or help would be welcome.

Full Item ID strings look like this:
Code: Select all
Item_ID:Enchantment_ID:Gem_ID1:Gem_ID2:Gem_ID3:Gem_ID4:Suffix_ID:SeedNumber_ID

The Gem_IDs are extracted on Character Update from the parents Item ID string and saved into the Gems table as 'gem_socketid'.
It is important to note Gems have different ID's depending on if they are socketed or unsocketed. Unsocketed Gem ID's are saved in the gems table under 'gem_id'.

Currently Suffix_ID, SeedNumber_ID are not used. They can be used to figure out a few things, but so far I have not had the need to use them. They are still stored in the items table just in case.

I hope this answered a few questions.. :)
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Re: Problems with itemparser

Postby poetter » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:50 am

Thx for the infos. Is there a way you can calculate the socketed id from the unsocketed? As there are no socketids in the amory i have to find a workaround
poetter
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Problems with itemparser

Postby ds » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:22 am

No way to calculate the socketed ID that I know of. I looked at the data provided by the Armory and I see the problem. I will be looking for a solution for this too.
ds
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Return to Archived